[B19] Fences And Floors v1.21

Started by Pravus, October 20, 2016, 11:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacs

Anyone have a b18 version of this mod?  Thank you in advance!

Ruisuki

mate has the reactive flooring speed boost not triggering been fixed?

eksynn

Psyra

Impatient people update other people's mods all the time (and then inform them after the fact), but before I dare to do this, I need to ask...

Would it be considered bad form for me to explain how to quickly edit the mod source to run it on 1.0.0 without incompatibility warnings? it would be as a quick stop-gap measure to tide people over until the proper 1.0-compatible release. Looking through the source, mind you, it doesn't look like it -should- have any problems running on 1.0 even without a fix - all the resources the mod uses appear to be included directly in the package. This is a response i'd rather hear from the author him/herself, mind you. ;)

No offense meant to the author but to be honest this is the ONLY and BEST fence mod Rimworld has and after a week without it, been really missing it. :)

Edit: I see Pravus doesn't seem to have been online here since early last month. I wager a 1.0 release will be out before I get a response. Drat. ;)

IZ2bSA80

Nothing bad about that really, it's just a no red fix for those who can't stand it nothing more.

Also don't forget Palisades even though it's outdated and need some work to work on the current version. It was a gorgeous fence mod.

Psyra

Quote from: IZ2bSA80 on October 24, 2018, 02:23:34 PM
Nothing bad about that really, it's just a no red fix for those who can't stand it nothing more.

Also don't forget Palisades even though it's outdated and need some work to work on the current version. It was a gorgeous fence mod.

The thing that sets this one apart is that the fences don't block wind generators and I'm not sure if the Palisades one does... also aesthetically. And most importantly, I'm sticking generally to steam workshop things. I only posted my original response here because I figured it was the less toxic place to post. ;)

Ruisuki

Quote from: Psyra on October 24, 2018, 02:50:44 PM
Quote from: IZ2bSA80 on October 24, 2018, 02:23:34 PM

The thing that sets this one apart is that the fences don't block wind generators and I'm not sure if the Palisades one does... also aesthetically. And most importantly, I'm sticking generally to steam workshop things. I only posted my original response here because I figured it was the less toxic place to post. ;)
Fences dont block turbines in this mod? do you think they should?

ultra4

powerlines are over the sensor floor. How can i fix this? trying messing the <RenderPrecedence> from 242 to 270 like the floors from Rimkea mod, didn't work...

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: ultra4 on November 13, 2018, 08:25:01 PM
powerlines are over the sensor floor. How can i fix this? trying messing the <RenderPrecedence> from 242 to 270 like the floors from Rimkea mod, didn't work...

Try this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1487019722&;

vandal

the doors textures look bad when placed next to walls, or the mods own fences. The security door and its corresponding fences dont connect for instance when the gate is placed between two high security fences, only when 2 on each side are

ultra4

trying that approach, went for this even better... and non-steam mod http://catalogue.smods.ru/archives/10478

Rabanatz

JT

Quote from: Rabanatz on December 03, 2018, 02:46:36 PM
Update to 1.0?
Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on December 03, 2018, 03:45:37 PM
Try one:
Re-upload
No Floors Version

Note that the version on Steam Workshop is literally the same as the B19 version, just with the About.xml version number changed.  That's all someone needs to do on their own end (download B19 version and edit About.xml <targetVersion> to 1.0.2059), if they don't want to go through the hassle of downloading off the Workshop and doing all of the stupid hijinks necessary to get the mod into their /mods folder.  (Probably easier to do the local edit of the B19 version than the dozens of clicks needed to do the Workshop option, but people's mileage may vary.)

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: JT on December 04, 2018, 05:40:02 AM
Note that the version on Steam Workshop is literally the same as the B19 version, just with the About.xml version number changed.  That's all someone needs to do on their own end (download B19 version and edit About.xml <targetVersion> to 1.0.2059), if they don't want to go through the hassle of downloading off the Workshop and doing all of the stupid hijinks necessary to get the mod into their /mods folder.  (Probably easier to do the local edit of the B19 version than the dozens of clicks needed to do the Workshop option, but people's mileage may vary.)

A very valid point as well. Edit the version number for non-steam users, a third option!