[1.3-A15] Industrial Rollers 2.5.0 - Free your haulers!

Started by historic_os, October 21, 2016, 01:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spdskatr

Well it took me a while to realise an update happened, wew.

It seems you've managed to make the underground belts! \o/ Nice job
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

RiseKnight

Storage zone cover outside base + mortar + puller is really good combination

historic_os

Quick note for translators:
Thanks for all the amazing translations!
Please note that the following languages are already translated for version 2.0 and will be added on next update:  German, Spanish, Polish, French.
If your language is on the list, you don't need to send a translation, it will be added soon.

Quote from: Spdskatr on July 06, 2017, 08:28:44 PM
It seems you've managed to make the underground belts! \o/ Nice job
yep! finally had time to release a huge update:) thanks!

historic_os

Update - Version 2.1
More translations, QoL changes, features and a bug fix! (DL link in main post)
Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug allowing users to build Pushers right after Grow zone puller resulting in the Grow zone puller getting stuck.

New features:
- Added support for Saving/Loading storage settings for users using Save Storage & Outfit Settings by Kiame!

QoL changes:
- You can now build rollers on bridges and other structures that allows building on such as pipes and modded power cables.
- The new directional indication arrow was added to Pushers, Pullers and Grow zone pullers on placement phase.

New translations added:
- French by blaktek.
- Polish by Kubin & YoshyPL.
- German by eddy2k.
- Spanish by msxRL.
- Chinese(Traditional) translation by PostPack.
- Portuguese translation by Lucas.
- Korean translation by kms8610.
Thank you all for the amazing translations!

christianmc1101

Sorry if posted twice..
Why I could not place the rollers on the normal ground, but on watertiles?
Sample as Attachement
Sorry for .jng if you could not use it, but I need it to get under the 600 kb

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

LiteEmUp

is there a chance where underground pullers range gets increased to more than 6 tiles??? even as an option, i'd take it...

right now my supply room is more than 20 tiles away from my SAL room.. and its too time consuming for my engineers to decon and construct things, when they still got alot of building to do lol

Koriath

Hi, new to the forums, but I really had to drop by to ask something.
Is there a reason the pullers don't work with hydroponics? It's all good to me, since I went back to using Spdskatr cultivator tools mod and some soil reclamation mod to use greenhouses instead. But I read throught this whole thread and didn't see anyone asking.

Canute

They only works with zones, and hydroponics don't got zones.
The cultivator don't work on hydroponics too.
But good news, the sprinkler works on hydroponics ! :-)

When you want automat that whole farming process, you should use a terraform mod like Fertile fields, and don't use hydroponics.

historic_os

Quote from: christianmc1101 on July 25, 2017, 04:58:00 AM

This is a bug with some mod conflict, its been mentioned a few times on the steam workshop page as well but no one managed to pin point what mod causes that so unfortunately theres nothing i can do about it.
you could try making a new game(so you wont break your save) and removing mods you suspect are modifying terrain to find out whats causing this.

Quote from: LiteEmUp on July 25, 2017, 06:51:49 AM
is there a chance where underground pullers range gets increased to more than 6 tiles??? even as an option, i'd take it...

Theres no way to change the max length of an underground roller and its set to 6 from balance perspective to simulate the balance in Factorio.
I honestly don't think ill be buffing underground rollers range because they are already very effective. as a custom option - maybe, ill consider this for next update.

Quote from: Koriath on August 09, 2017, 05:54:27 AM
Is there a reason the pullers don't work with hydroponics? It's all good to me, since I went back to using Spdskatr cultivator tools mod and some

As Canute was pointing out, Hydroponics are a very specific and unique structure in the game. while in theory support for them can be added, im avoiding specific interactions and keeping this mod in a way that it handles more abstract game mechanics such as item transportation, zones and storage buildings.

There are many great mods that handle specific issues (Spdskatr did a great job with farming and auto-crafting). and i think crafting a mod list that has a good synergy is the best approach both for the player - its part of the fun in a modded game. and for the mods - so they can focus on what they are built for.

King Dedede

Oh, shit I just send in a translation that already was made... oops sry great mod tho

Drusek

Smellfungus

Little quibble... My machine isn't the best by any means, and I've noticed that having 10+ stacks moving on the rollers at any one time really hogs resources, lagging everything to the point of glitchy graphics. Is there anything you can do to overcome this? While I like seeing masses of item stacks moving down the line at once, I can't help but suggest that pullers (especially grow zone pullers) attempt to create a full stack when possible. I can't come up with a design to do this without having multiple pullers aimed at a stockpile behind them and another puller behind that, which would be grossly ineffective. I've considered using mergers, but it's not very space efficient and, again, means more pullers. :p

mangalores

Quote from: historic_os on August 09, 2017, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: christianmc1101 on July 25, 2017, 04:58:00 AM

This is a bug with some mod conflict, its been mentioned a few times on the steam workshop page as well but no one managed to pin point what mod causes that so unfortunately theres nothing i can do about it.
you could try making a new game(so you wont break your save) and removing mods you suspect are modifying terrain to find out whats causing this.

Had the same problem. After plugging in and out a couple of mods it now works. I would guess it is "Water power" which makes sense as I could build rollers and some other mod's item on water supposedly, but nowhere else. It works with water power at the end of the mod list though.

All my other mods I plugged in and out would not have this level of terrain modification necessary.

edit: have some problems with some puillers, mainly a couple that have no rollers but are meant to push certain food from the fridge stockpile to the kitchen stockpile. The meals back do work so I'm not sure what I'm missing. One did work for a while and now seems to have stopped working. Can it get finnicky when I attach multiple pullers to the same stockpile?

I have similarily a problem with the puller which was supposed to keep a furniture stockpile full in the eating area so pawns don't need  to get meals from the fridge. Not sure if it is because the stockpile is a furniture?

Ian_Suffix

I just submitted a Japanese translation (I'm a partial translator, in Japan). It should be 95% acceptable, although a native speaker could probably do a better job with the full mod description.

But what I came over here to ask about first was about the splitter rollers. Their description says they can join two rails, but I haven't witnessed any function of the sort. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Looks like there's a third-party translation mod already available. I didn't think to check if one existed or not... Depending on whether or not having a first-party translation is a priority, I'd like to revise mine. Not to mention, I misread "Select the language this form will be translated to" as "translated from," for some reason. I need to go to sleep.

Smellfungus

A bug I've noticed and assumed was known: industrial rollers aimed at incomplete industrial rollers that have the materials added will destroy items placed on them and give a debug warning.