[1.3-A15] Industrial Rollers 2.5.0 - Free your haulers!

Started by historic_os, October 21, 2016, 01:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightinggale

Quote from: Ian_Suffix on October 25, 2017, 10:05:41 AM/n should break the parts into two lines.
Usually \ is used rather than / for writing special characters like that, meaning you should likely use \n as most encodings will view this as newline. However I can't tell for certain if it will work in this case because I don't know how this specific software is coded.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

historic_os

Update - Version 2.2.0 A18 Build
A18, Bug fixes, balance changes and translations (DL link in main post)
Bug fixes:
- Power conduits are no longer visible on top of belts when built near by.
- XML refactored and cleaned up to allow easier access to editing if required.

Balance changes:
- In-Wall Roller: HP increased from 80 to 200.
- A18 Construction skill requirements added:
  - Construction skill 10: Normal belts(including directional), In-Wall and Splitter.
  - Construction skill 12: Pusher, Growzone Puller.
  - Construction skill 13: Puller, Underground belts.

Construction skill requirement is being used instead of research as a balance factor to the mod.
If for any reason, you are not happy with the change, you may edit the XML file and replace <constructionSkillPrerequisite> tags to whatever you see fit.

Translations:
- Fixed Japanese translation by ハグ (thanks for feedback!).

Canute

Free Industrial Rollers for all Tribal clans !! :-)

You should rethink your decission, and still add some research for this.
It don't made sense that tribals could build that without got access to power.
Sorry can't verify this yet, since i don't got A18 yet, just a reaction of your posting.

Ian_Suffix

Quote from: Nightinggale on October 25, 2017, 10:14:38 AM
Quote from: Ian_Suffix on October 25, 2017, 10:05:41 AM/n should break the parts into two lines.
Usually \ is used rather than / for writing special characters like that, meaning you should likely use \n as most encodings will view this as newline. However I can't tell for certain if it will work in this case because I don't know how this specific software is coded.

I know... I wish I had some sort of excuse for messing up the newline character, but other than that I was in a rush and wasn't using a text editor, I have none.

Quote from: historic_os on October 26, 2017, 11:42:03 AM
Update - Version 2.2.0 A18 Build

- Fixed Japanese translation by ハグ (thanks for feedback!).

And I've confirmed it works! Looks fantastic. I'm presently working with the previous patch-mod translator so that I can improve upon the Japanese translation. It works, of course, and I ensured it's super easy to understand, but it's probably not perfect from a native speaker's POV. Should we come to a consensus, I'll post the new XML here and ask that "Proxyer" be added to the contributor list.

Ian_Suffix

@historic_os

Finished! I've attached the Japanese folder structure with all necessary XML. This is the final, proofread version until any new content is added.

Sorry I couldn't get this done before your last minor update. I hope you'll find the time to include this soon.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

nguadien

One of the most rage inducing mods for me.

I can build Grow zone pullers, then make long rollers chains from my grow zones to my stockpiles.

Then I cannot build even ONE Puller or Pusher. The game just repeat about how to properly build Pullers and Pushers again and again and again and again on too many ways, too many places without letting me build any Puller or Pusher.

Edit: I finally built one, as I deleted my Stockpiles many times and created new ones repeatedly, somehow the game allowed me to build Pullers.

glitershroom

so, I love the mod, and everything seems to be working... until that is, I try to save and load, upon world reload, pullers disappear... they work fine when I build them... but I have to re build them every time I load it up... help?

historic_os

Quote from: glitershroom on November 18, 2017, 07:33:00 PM
so, I love the mod, and everything seems to be working... until that is, I try to save and load, upon world reload, pullers disappear... they work fine when I build them... but I have to re build them every time I load it up... help?

That's weird, try running only the mod (Industrial Rollers and Core) in a new game and build them using developer tools. Do they still disappear?
if not, its probably a mod conflict.

yaurtiss

how do you download this when it says drive for beta 18 ?

PLz help >:( >:(

yaurtiss

how do you download this thing for beta 18 if it says drive

plz help

Canute

Click on "Drive" this open a drive.google link.
There you find the Rimworld_IndustrialRoller2.2.0.rar to download.

glitershroom

Sorry it took so long to reply, new job has mandatory overtime and working 11 hours a day now leaves little time for games when I also have to spend time with the wifey-wife.

I have tried that and it still has the 'crash' that results in them not loading in

Exception spawning loaded thing MovingRailPuller60433: UnityEngine.UnityException: RandomRangeInt can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Random:RandomRangeInt (int,int)
  at UnityEngine.Random.Range (Int32 min, Int32 max) [0x00003] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts\generated\common\runtime\RandomBindings.gen.cs:63
  at MovingFloor.MovingRailPuller.SpawnSetup (Verse.Map map, Boolean respawnAfterLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map, Rot4 rot, Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x000ef] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\Placement\GenSpawn.cs:65
  at Verse.GenSpawn.SpawnBuildingAsPossible (Verse.Building building, Verse.Map map, Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x00178] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\Placement\GenSpawn.cs:141
  at Verse.Map.FinalizeLoading () [0x0017a] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\Map.cs:414
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.Map:FinalizeLoading() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\Map.cs:418)
Verse.Game:LoadGame() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:473)
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\MapIniter\SavedGameLoader.cs:35)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:30)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:453)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:367)

Quote from: historic_os on November 18, 2017, 08:40:16 PM
Quote from: glitershroom on November 18, 2017, 07:33:00 PM

That's weird, try running only the mod (Industrial Rollers and Core) in a new game and build them using developer tools. Do they still disappear?
if not, its probably a mod conflict.

historic_os

Hey, it seems that the transition to B18 introduced some bugs to the mod.
I'm going to be very busy until Monday and won't be able to spare time to release a new update.
I figured i'll at least post the reported bugs so you guys know about them and the status of each.

1. Pullers disappear when loading a game(reported by glitershroom) - while i wasn't able to reproduce the error myself, i was able to (hopefully) resolve it by replacing the problematic method. Already fixed, will be added to next update.
2. Pushes and Pullers don't push\pull to storage buildings when there is a power conduit under the structure(reported by Kateye) - Already fixed, will be added to next update.
3. In-Wall rollers disappear when loading a game if there was an item on the belt(reported by Sjonnar) - Open issue, will be fixed in the next update.

Ian_Suffix

Quote from: historic_os on November 27, 2017, 09:06:51 PM
I'm going to be very busy until Monday and won't be able to spare time to release a new update.

I hate to pester, but please don't forget my final Japanese translation XML! It's worth including if only to offer respect to Proxyer, who had an interim patch translation up until now.

historic_os

Update - Version 2.3.06
Recovering from B18 Bugs, bringing back ModSync Ninja! (DL link in main post)

Features
- Added ModSync Ninja back!

Bug fixes
- Some users experienced disappearing pullers. while i couldn't reproduce the error myself, i did change the problematic method - should be fixed.
- Fixed Pushes and Pullers don't push\pull to storage buildings when there is a power conduit under the structure.
- Underground rollers should now work on bridges and any other surface.
- In-Wall rollers should no longer disappear when loading a game if there was an item on the belt.

Translations
- Fixed Japanese translation by ハグ & Proxyer. Thanks!

ModSync Ninja note: ModSync Ninja forum post will be updated shortly after this.