[1.3-A15] Industrial Rollers 2.5.0 - Free your haulers!

Started by historic_os, October 21, 2016, 01:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc-soz

Quote from: kspdrgn on November 05, 2016, 07:31:53 PM
http://imgur.com/a/3zKIB
A loop is very useful for moving supplies from A to B or for spreading supplies around to multiple stations. You can put everything-goes stockpiles all along it so haulers have very short runs. Just make sure there's a pusher and a stockpile ready for anything that ends up on the loop.

This colony looks very good, congratulations! My only fear in doing that is to see my CPU melting..

SteelRev

My pos laptop doesn't lag from this mod. But 80 warg manhunter packs make a big fps  drop

lc-soz

Quote from: SteelRev on November 06, 2016, 12:18:00 PM
My pos laptop doesn't lag from this mod. But 80 warg manhunter packs make a big fps  drop

My tip is delete yours "deadpawns" from your save file, here is how with images (look for my reply, there's more than one):

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26906.15

If you want to delete "<pawnsalive>" read all my replys, in my computer deleting almost all of it double FPS in comparasion when I deleted only "deadpawns" (which increase in like 50% or something).

I have a 3 years old notebook with very bad hardware and this works just like magic!

SteelRev

Good read but in my situation  not needed.  It's large number pathing that chugs my system. After I thin the numbers a bit the fps returns to normal. From my best guess.  My system can handle 50-70 pawn paths at average.  Colonist &animals.  When the total paths double in a large manhunter pack.  That when I get hit.

kspdrgn

Having too much fun with this mod, can't wait until fridges are supported!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

masterpain

Amazing mod.  So much fun.  Hope this mod is supported when A16 is released.

Spdskatr

Finally! A way to leech siege bases. Just set a stockpile around their base and use industrial rollers to suck the resources right out of their hands. And for a bit more power, you can do this from the safety of your home!  Also useful for logging wild trees.

This wasn't the intended purpose of the mod, was it?

EDIT: I tried covering the whole map with that stockpile and that little roller ended up using 120 000 watts  :o
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Canute

Dang, i just the video about the mod.
The ability to push and take from stockpiles are realy nice but far to unbalanced.
I would suggest you create stockpile pad, which can build next to the push/take module, and they only can push/take item from/to these stockpile pads.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Canute on December 07, 2016, 06:22:57 AM
Dang, i just the video about the mod.
The ability to push and take from stockpiles are realy nice but far to unbalanced.
I would suggest you create stockpile pad, which can build next to the push/take module, and they only can push/take item from/to these stockpile pads.
Actually I would consider it balanced, because the bigger the stockpile that the roller is sucking from, the more power the roller would suck up. 100000 watts, to be precise.
My mods

Canute

No sorry. Yes it need alot energy, but you don't need to keep it up all the time.
You just need to connect the stockpile to the module when it should haul something, then you just can delete the connecting the the module and the poweruseage is back to normal.

Spdskatr

100 000 watts is still a lot of power consumption. A siege leech requires three of these, making 300 000 watts. In other words, an in game hour with an active siege leech would eat up almost 13 full batteries.
My mods

masterpain

Great mod.  One of my favorites.  Hopefully gets an update for A16 soon.

historic_os

A16 support version added! Both on this post and in the steam workshop

Love

I really like the idea of this mod, but it should really require some in-game research.

kamikaze123

Just noticed I had the puller on "hold". Thanks for this great mod and ignore this post!