[1.3-A15] Industrial Rollers 2.5.0 - Free your haulers!

Started by historic_os, October 21, 2016, 01:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historic_os

Hey
New version out, added a much requested feature - support for storage buildings!
Pushers can now push items into storage buildings such as custom fridges(RimFridge, etc), hoopers, equipment racks and more.
Pullers can now identify said storage buildings and show them in the destination setting.

Keep in mind that since each belt system is generic, Pullers cant tell if items they sent to a storage actually arrive.
therefore, they keep sending items until storage is full. its best to implement a loop!
this is even more important on storage buildings who usually have only one to two item slots.

Canute

Thanks for the new abilities. Does that work with generators too, can they auto. refuel them ?

But you are aware of the gigantic power of the puller ?
After an fight you just need to tentacle expand the stockpile to the fighting area and turn the puller on until he scooped all the corpse and things. And even when you stockpile the whole outer area around the base, you just let the puller on for until he scooped anything. The batteries can easiely cover these, special when you need alot power capacty for the solar flare shield.

I still suggest to create storate pad or floors, and puller/pusher can only work with them.
At this way the ability is less exploidable.

Edit:
Btw, couldn't you add some research prerequisite for it. Tribes can build that stuff from the beginning, very annoying.

Canute

And another request/suggestion
- In wall roller, should give support pillar ability.
I just wanted to put that through a support pillar, and bumm the ceiling came closer to ground :-(

historic_os

Quote from: Canute on January 11, 2017, 10:57:23 AM
- In wall roller, should give support pillar ability.

Thanks for the tip!
check out the latest update, it has been fixed!

regarding Puller being OP, im aware.
im currently working on an Extra's mod that will include machinery thats more focused on the factory building fun aspect and less about balance.
once that other mod it out, ill revisit the balance of the main mod making it more balanced and the new one more wild.

Stage

Hello!

I have two suggestions for your mod:
- maybe make the in wall rollers look like/have the same stats/buildable like standard walls (so granite/marble/etc.) - just for a nice looking base :)
- implement a "force forbidden"/"always forbidden" option to the belts - reason: I had my storage freezer connected to rimfridge freezers via your belts and implemented a loop. Sometimes however the loop got stuck, the items were allowed again and my haulers went crazy :(
Especially at the in wall rollers...they picked stuff up, placed it in the freezer, belts pulled it out again, transported it to the in wall roller, item got allowed again...yay for hauling loop :D

Otherwise a great mod, and nice addition to Rimworld.
Keep up the good work :)
Regards,
Stage

historic_os

Hey Stage!

Regarding adding options for in-wall rollers, its a possibility, but im still looking for someone to help me with a graphic redesign because my graphics skills are shit :)
I know its just recoloring, but id rather have it considered in the redesign instead of worked on both now and then.

Adding a "keep forbidden" option is kinda nice but it will require an implementation of some mod settings menu which might take a while.
i am curious tho, how did you manage to get in a situation when items inside a loop are not forbidden anymore? did the source stockpile fill so they couldn't move back?

Canute

For inwall rollers i would suggest just an overlay like conduits or pipes(redist heat/mars).
At this way the old wall should be still there.

Thyme

I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Stage

Quote from: historic_os on January 14, 2017, 05:05:25 AM
Adding a "keep forbidden" option is kinda nice but it will require an implementation of some mod settings menu which might take a while.
i am curious tho, how did you manage to get in a situation when items inside a loop are not forbidden anymore? did the source stockpile fill so they couldn't move back?

Yes, that's what happened. I had a system where my freezer was closed and only accessible via rollers, input on the outside, output to a RimFridge next to my stove. Once the stockpile zone filled up, the loop got stuck and all items got accessible. Inside the freezer no problem, but the one tile in-wall roller...the kept picking stuff up, running outside to the input stockpile zone and so an.

Would it be possible to implement an in-wall pusher/puller? Or some kind of 1-tile transport mechanism to transport items between 2 stockpile zones?

historic_os

Quote from: Thyme on January 20, 2017, 01:14:46 PM
Is the DRM-free link already updated?
It's latest version not including translations.
the main download link in post is always newest version, previous versions are in the changelog section in the title of each version.

Quote from: Stage on January 20, 2017, 07:25:08 PM
Quote from: historic_os on January 14, 2017, 05:05:25 AM

Yes, that's what happened. I had a system where my freezer was closed and only accessible via rollers, input on the outside, output to a RimFridge next to my stove. Once the stockpile zone filled up, the loop got stuck and all items got accessible. Inside the freezer no problem, but the one tile in-wall roller...the kept picking stuff up, running outside to the input stockpile zone and so an.

Would it be possible to implement an in-wall pusher/puller? Or some kind of 1-tile transport mechanism to transport items between 2 stockpile zones?

both Puller and Pusher can be placed in-wall and maintain room temp. however, they do not provide roof support like in-wall belts, so make sure you at least have some walls

Stage

Well that was strange.
In my last colony where I used the rollers, the puller and pusher did somehow not seperate the rooms, but now they do (I've reeinstalled some mods and changed my load list, so maybe there was an incompatability somewhere)
Thanks for answering anyways!

Could you give the pusher a bidirectional functionality? so he can pull/push from storage buildings, stockpiles and rollers? That would be awesome!

Canute

Quotethe puller and pusher did somehow not seperate the rooms,
They never did seperate room, because they don't work with rooms, they work with stockpiles.
You can assign 1 big stockpile to many rooms over the doors.
Or maybe you got a mod that interupt stockpiles at doors, but i didn't notice any so far.

EldVarg

Here are some graphics I have made:

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Canute

I don't think the game support GIF as texture, so these animated gif's are nice but i think the animation need to solved other way then with gif's.

EldVarg

That I know :p. Was just showing my work if interested.
E made an amimation feature to be used in buildings, but it's not updated to a16.