[1.3-A15] Industrial Rollers 2.5.0 - Free your haulers!

Started by historic_os, October 21, 2016, 01:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historic_os

Quote from: EldVarg on January 23, 2017, 09:01:34 AM
Here are some graphics I have made:

This is epic!
i was actually in modder discord few days ago looking for someone wanting to join me on the mod and take care of graphics but couldn't find a partner.

great looking design you have there, obviously i cant use it as it is because the rest of the belts\machines wont attach properly with different designs. but if you are interested in joining me and redesigning the rest of the components ill be glad to!

regarding animations, since each belt is 1x1, players normally end up with many of them. therefore, im avoiding giving them actual animations to reduce lag. belts currently have just two stages: normal and with item on them.

regardless, really cool design!

historic_os

Updated to version 1.2.22
Since in-wall roller, pusher and puller maintain room temperature, it only makes sense that they will not be flammable. Therefore, these 3 components are no longer flammable.
Also, now that i received 6 translations, i find it a good opportunity to release the first batch of translations. this version is translated to: German, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Norwegian, and French.
more about translations and credit to current translators could be found in this translation thread

EldVarg

Well I would be willing to help, but only if animated :). Don't like the static.
Was about to improve the graphics of E's old mod and he use animations - but he never updates it to latest alpha. You could find the animation code there on how to animate.

kspdrgn

Quote from: historic_os on January 24, 2017, 01:01:47 PM
pusher and puller maintain room temperature

Thanks for making the pushers etc into temperature walls, can slim down my designs a bit. Love the fridge support, here's my auto kitchen..

Shared freezer with 3 stockpiles splitting meat, veggies, meals. Veggie and meat puller loops keep the cooking station fridges always full, while meals are shuttled away wherever they're needed. Can slim down the design now that pushers block temperature, had to use in-wall segments before.

Love playing with this mod, it's probably the one mod I miss the most in a new colony.

Quote from: EldVarg on January 26, 2017, 09:12:08 AM
only if animated :). Don't like the static.

Not much to animate, they're rollers not a belt, and the game slows down enough with lots of this mod as it is.. Pushers and pullers do flash their arrows when processing items, not sure what else you'd animate in them. The items on the rollers animate, shuffling around the rollers and that's pretty cool enough for me.

I wouldn't mind items disappearing and reappearing once an exit from the roller/pusher loop is found, if it would improve performance with lots of roller usage. Understand this is more coding work though.

sirgzu

Great mod! I made a miniaturisation plugin but the minified rollers seem to cause problems for some reason.

1) they don't draw, so you can see the minified item icon that looks like a cardboard box but it's empty.
2) they keep throwing a lot of errors in the log
3) it makes the caravan setup screen bug when you scroll down to the minified roller item in the items tab.

Spdskatr

Hmm... does this mod have source code? I decompiled it with ILSpy and took a peek at the amazingness of the code... Now I want more :P

...And while I'm here, Do you mind if I extend on some of your code in MovingFloor.RailLogicHelper.TryPlaceItemInStockpile for a part of my own mod? Mainly so I can then credit you for making such a fantastic mod ;)
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

historic_os

Quote from: Spdskatr on March 01, 2017, 07:10:34 AM
Hmm... does this mod have source code? I decompiled it with ILSpy and took a peek at the amazingness of the code... Now I want more :P

...And while I'm here, Do you mind if I extend on some of your code in MovingFloor.RailLogicHelper.TryPlaceItemInStockpile for a part of my own mod? Mainly so I can then credit you for making such a fantastic mod ;)

Hey, while i did not intend to opensource the project, i also intended to keep it maintained and unfortunately ive been too busy lately.
so, i think sharing the code would be a great idea! ill be working on doing it in coming days when i have some time and make sure i post it here :)

Celestial

A suggestion. Perhaps you could make the puller have a working radius like the beacon. I know the size of stockpile increases power usage, but you can literally tendril a stockpile far away to have it connect to the puller and save wayyyy to much hauling manpower this way.

historic_os

Hey all! sorry the mod has been going slow lately, couldn't afford working on it for a while.
The new version(1.2.3) adds "Pulling Settings" that lets you change the pulling intervals of pullers (for example, pull one item every 2 hours).
Use it when pulling to small stockpiles (like cook area) or for automated production when using S.A.L. Autocrafters!

Using this feature should also greatly increase the overall performance by not "over pulling" more resources than needed and reducing draw requests by moving less resources on the map.

Example usage - pulling a single resource every hour

Canute

I didn't use the S.A.L. yet, but i could imagine that some kind of pusher hopper/storage would be interesting.
It even should be possible to have adv. stock managment. Min. and max. item, so there arn't that many items outside a freezer if they need cooling.
Yep, you can setup the same with the current too, pusher with 1x1 stockpile, but i think it would be nice to have both integrated into one together with the managment.

sidfu

@historic_os  here is u a compabitly patch to have it work with Hardcore SK https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12996.5550

this only has the things def to make it use hardcore sk stuff and to add it as researchable u welcome to add to first page

one thing can u update the art to make the arrows easier to see. when its dark u cant even see the arrows in the hologram before u place maybe have the arrows glow in the dark

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Spdskatr

Very nice. Although, fair warning for anyone attempting this design, one S.A.L. crafter uses 750 W of power. Better get those industrialisation nuclear towers up! :P
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

btofnc

Not work with redistheat system. The items on rollers will be gagged by redistheat's duct pipe.

faltonico

Could you please make the pullers only pull if the items are on top of a especially constructed tile? I strongly believe it is the way to balance them, because late game, more power is not really an issue, yet you can plop one of those anywhere and suck any resource you want from anyone (raiders included). In my A16 colony i just disabled the infestation event, because it was so easy to farm it with your mod (+45k jelly and +500k meat collected).
The tiles should be connected to the puller for the puller to "know" what items are available to pull.

I'll be very grateful if you can so something like that!