[A15][WIP] Oil mod suggestions

Started by Robbss, September 20, 2016, 06:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbss

Hello everyone  :)

I'm working on a mod that'll add oil to RimWorld, it includes buildings such as the oil pump/drill to gather crude oil from the world and a refinery to refine crude oil into diesel, that in turn can be burnt to generate electricity in generators.

The mod is coming along pretty well and I'm set to release late this week, but I would like to hear if anybody has any suggestions for the future of the mod, the base release will include the possibility to convert plant matter into bio-diesel, and I've been thinking of including rubber (to produce plasteel?) in the future.

If anyone has some cool oil related ideas to include in the mod, then please let me know  :)

Master Bucketsmith

Ah, I think multiple people are working to create a mod that deals with oil. It's been done before, not sure which mod it was, but it wasn't updated to A15. Maybe not even A14... :)
Either way, don't stop working on stuff just because someone else is making a mod that has a similar goal!
Variety and alternatives are what keeps a modding community going! :D

As for the requested feedback;
How about being able to connect a big storage tank/silo? For both the oil and diesel.
And the ability to sell it?

Facepunch

Looks interesting. Definitely the ability to sell it, various sized diesel generators, maybe some sort of incendiary weapon that requires diesel as crafting requirement. Just off the top of my head. Definitely looking forward to diesel generators, I'm always in an energy deficit.

Wolf619

I think oil is a great mod to make!
maybe you could make PVC out of it (url) and make plastic parts (plastic shiv? lol)
Maybe have a heater that runs on petrol
oil lamps?
oh there are tons of things you could do with this