Deconstructing Corner Walls Creates Roof Order

Started by Roy, October 22, 2016, 03:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

My colonists had a small accident, because one person decided to build a roof over the other person who was deconstructing the only piece of wall that supported that newly build roof. That is not really a bug (that's just stupid colonists), but I never ordered a roof to be built...

I wanted some granite blocks from one of those little ruins that are scattered across the map, so I order a deconstruct order on it, and two of my constructors went to work. The first wall that was deconstructed was one of the corners, and this is what caused the roof order (see autoRoofOrder.png). If there is an enclosed area when constructing/deconstructing/mining, then the game will automatically make a roof order for it. This is useful for building new rooms, but a nightmare for deconstructing ancient ruins from the wrong side. If any non-corner wall would be deconstructed first, this problem wouldn't happen because the area wouldn't be fully enclosed.

So my colonists deconstruct the whole ruin until only one block remains that gets reserved by one person, the other person has no deconstructing to do, so moves to the next job: making a roof. That's when the accident happens, the roof gets built, the wall get deconstructed, and the roof collapses.

I've attached a savefile (BuildingRoofColapse.zip) where this scenario always happens.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

nccvoyager

ItchyFlea

This kind of issue (construction/deconstruction done in the wrong order) has been fixed for the next version of the game.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created