[A15] [A16] Auto Flick Designation Sun Lamps

Started by Zhentar, October 23, 2016, 01:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhentar

A16 Download Link: https://github.com/Zhentar/AutoFlicker/releases/download/v1.1/AutoFlicker.zip

A15 Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_iRcVI-TJMZb1JKenRzeTZyVmM

This mod adds an "Auto Flick" option to Sun Lamps and Switches. When enabled, they will automatically designate themselves to be flicked on in the morning (around 5:30, a little bit before plants finish resting), and to be flicked off at night (19:12, when plants start resting).

How is this mod different from other time of day switch mods? It aims to be a Vanilla-friendly micromanagement reduction. Because the actual flicking is still pawn performed, it does not give you any new capabilities or labor reductions that were not already available to a reasonably attentive player. But more importantly, because it is purely pawn powered (presumably using the same timekeeping device they use to follow work/rest schedules), it does not need to be research gated; it is available to your Tundra/Ice Sheet colony on Day 1.

Also, the flick designation is added via a CompProperty that could be used by other mods for other devices (and different hardcoded on/off times are supported).

License: MIT License
Source: https://github.com/Zhentar/AutoFlicker

skullywag

Nicely done, great way of handling this, makes your pawns seem less dumb.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

merthsoft

Oh, that's a really cool idea... Would you mind if I incorporated that into my Time-of-day switch mod?

kaptain_kavern

This one goes right to my QoL list right now ;P

Thanks for the mod

Zhentar

Quote from: merthsoft on October 23, 2016, 05:55:06 PM
Oh, that's a really cool idea... Would you mind if I incorporated that into my Time-of-day switch mod?

Not at all. Unfortunately, I don't have the source available to post now like I had meant to; that will have to wait until this weekend (hopefully I can remember).

Zhentar

Finally got around to publishing the source :)

Awe

mugenzebra

Awesome! This is exactly what I need to save power while plants rest. Thank you!

Ashardalon411

Nice, and technicaly compatible with "24h plants" (gived via tilled soil) but gameplay's not compatible:
together the plants will just die.

mugenzebra

Perhaps hydroponics also need to have this functionality.

Arigas

This took me entire too long to find on here :P

Zhentar

alsoandanswer

Not working, unfortunately. The button for autoflicking is not showing up.

It's at the top of my mod loading list.

I restarted rimworld, and even started a new colony but it didn't work.

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

Zhentar

Top of the mod list is the lowest priority. Do you have any other sun lamp mods?

alsoandanswer

oh poopbaskets, it's reverse?

oh man no wonder my mods are in a mess

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer