Enemies/Allies sharing the same map

Started by Zakhad, October 24, 2016, 07:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakhad

Would it effectively be possible to have an enemy or allied colony on the same map? like a modified siege.

carbon

Anything is possible, but if you're asking for a fully functional AI-controlled colony, that would require months if not years worth of development time. Don't hold your breath.

makkenhoff

Quote from: carbon on October 24, 2016, 10:51:50 AM
Anything is possible, but if you're asking for a fully functional AI-controlled colony, that would require months if not years worth of development time. Don't hold your breath.
While I agree it would be difficult, I would point to Firefly Studios game, Stronghold. That title, with it's AI could generate a functional city using blueprints that they would follow. If something didn't fit on that particular map, the AI would respond by deleting certain parts of its blueprint, to make it fit. While some might not call it a "fully functional AI controlled colony" I would suggest that it was passable to provide hours of enjoyment. The larger question is: would it be successful in RimWorld? I don't honestly think it would be, but I could be wrong.