[Original Text] Standard Language Data Template - A18

Started by duduluu, October 26, 2016, 06:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duduluu

RimWorld-English

This is the original text of RimWorld, as well as the standard language data template for translation.

The DefInjected is generated by tool RimTrans.

View on GitHub: RimWorld-English

RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Neros

I went through the ThingDefs today cause I saw it had been updated some days ago, and I noticed no matter what I did to the "Blueprint" and "Frame" tags in the Buildings_Furniture.xml, nothing would change it from English to the Danish translation.

I later found out that what adds the "Blueprint" and "Building" tag to objects isn't in the ThingDefs folder (which it was updated to), but in the Keyed folder.

I even tried removing the "<xxxxx_Blueprint.label>xxxxx (blueprint)</xxxxx_Blueprint.label>" codes, and the translation still worked without it.

I am not that strong in coding really, but it seems like the code in the ThingDefs for blueprints and frames is just extra, empty code that does nothing?

duduluu

Quote from: Neros on January 13, 2017, 12:08:12 PM
I went through the ThingDefs today cause I saw it had been updated some days ago, and I noticed no matter what I did to the "Blueprint" and "Frame" tags in the Buildings_Furniture.xml, nothing would change it from English to the Danish translation.

I later found out that what adds the "Blueprint" and "Building" tag to objects isn't in the ThingDefs folder (which it was updated to), but in the Keyed folder.

I even tried removing the "<xxxxx_Blueprint.label>xxxxx (blueprint)</xxxxx_Blueprint.label>" codes, and the translation still worked without it.

I am not that strong in coding really, but it seems like the code in the ThingDefs for blueprints and frames is just extra, empty code that does nothing?

RimWorld's building extra principle is:
The program will generate special blueprint and frame ThingDef after loaded the original ThingDef, and then it will load DefInjected data and inject them.
If there are blueprint and frame translation data, it will inject these text to blueprint and frame ThingDef.
This is the perfect method for translating blueprint and frame.
If there is not translation data, it will combine the original label of ThingDef and the keys(<BlueprintLabelExtra>, <FrameLabelExtra>) for display.
This method display fine when player single-select a blueprint, but get problem when multi-select.

I think you get a problem from the folder name.
DefInjected's subdirectory should not use plural style, just like "ThingDefs", maybe you should rename it to "ThingDef".
By the way, plural folder name is invalid before A14, Tynan just modified the code to support plural folder name after that.
It maybe has some minor bug.

Neros

Aaah, I see. Tried selecting multiple beds and instead of spelling "seng", the info panel spelled "bed" :)

duduluu

alligator76

Hello,
Since i'm new in translating and no one seems to be alive on the french thread, i ask a question here.
What is now on the website (the link you give on 1st post) is the Alpha 16 version or the future A17? Because i see there was an update yesterday.
I've started translating the backstories, once i'm finished can i upload it on the current version or is there a github page for each version?

Thanks a lot for making me understand perfectly the process!

duduluu

Quote from: alligator76 on May 04, 2017, 12:49:04 PM
Hello,
Since i'm new in translating and no one seems to be alive on the french thread, i ask a question here.
What is now on the website (the link you give on 1st post) is the Alpha 16 version or the future A17? Because i see there was an update yesterday.
I've started translating the backstories, once i'm finished can i upload it on the current version or is there a github page for each version?

Thanks a lot for making me understand perfectly the process!

The template's current version is A17, and the game is on public test on steam.
You can look for the older version in the release page. (I'm used to create tag for each important version)

WentBerzerk

What would it take to add unofficial translation support for RimTrans?

duduluu

Quote from: WentBerzerk on June 29, 2017, 06:38:49 AM
What would it take to add unofficial translation support for RimTrans?
Which lanugage you need? You could ask for a new language in Tynan's thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2933.0