[A15] Randy Never Drops Ship Chunks

Started by Zhentar, October 26, 2016, 06:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhentar

I've never, not one single time, had a Ship Chunk drop in A15. Looking at the incidentdefs, the shipchunkdrop event has no baseChance, so I don't think it can ever occur - except that it also had no base chance in A14 and it did occur then.

Edit: we've at least confirmed that Cassandra drops ship chunks, but I still suspect Randy doesn't, so I've updated the title

O Negative

carbon

^Chunks or Parts? They are different.

I sort of half remember seeing a ship chunk message in A15 at one point, but I might be mistaken.
They certainly aren't common.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

jmababa

They occur on 1st scenario. Will never occur on tribal scenario. only it will uccour in tribal if seeded scenario says so or yoiu edit the scenario

carbon

I just got it. It is definitely linked to your (or the map's) available metal and/or component supply.

I created a new colony, dev tooled away all the metal and components (and the scenario-gifted ship chunks) and then just waited on fast forward for a few days. Had to wait for 5 days, but it came sure enough. This was on Cassandra Base-builder for those who care.

nccvoyager

That would make sense some.
I have a (massive) supply of steel and components, and have never seen a ship chunk event.
That being said, in (I believe it was his anyways.) Dan Gheesling's A15 playthrough, he had a ship chunk drop a week or two ago.

Zhentar

Zhentar

I couldn't find any sign of code that might increase the frequency of ship chunks based on steel or components on the map. But I did figure out that Randy won't drop chunks. Thanks for helping me narrow it down!

Mantis entry for this issue: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2700

jmababa

I'm on randy he filled up my map with chunks that I don't need. I need raids now no one can raid too much chunks on map haha in mountainous area