Shattered Hivemind

Started by Ezrixus, October 26, 2016, 07:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezrixus

Hello everyone,

I had a great idea while playing and encountered some Mechanoids; What if they were all connected to a "Hivemind" AI, one that has had it's personalities shattered beyond use and repair, causing Mechanoids and any other unit connected to the "Hivemind" to be extremely unstable and with exceptionally erratic behaviour? Over time you can learn how to create new fragments or entire cores, replacing the damaged "Hivemind's" AI with a new one, allowing for stability, and possibly control of the Mechanoids?

I'm unsure of how to program such a feature into the game, but I would love to see this idea come true.

O Negative

I always thought a mechanoid hive mind would be a cool enemy unit :D

Where, once you destroy it, mechanoid raids either stop or are weakened for a while.

Ezrixus

The idea was a little more than that.

Take Mechanoid attacks that seem completely scattered, no tactics or anything with them. Small attacks would be more often, but their wouldn't be as large of threats because the Hivemind is unstable. It's been left alone for far too long, and as such, is rampant. However, as the Colonist, you could start to build a working AI, shocking Mechanoids and reprogramming them to the new AI, or repairing damaged ones to functionality.

So the Colonist has the chance of building a Mechanoid army