defining the quantity in storage areas

Started by platipuss, October 30, 2016, 04:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

platipuss

hello

it would be good if you can define how much is allowed to store for each item in storage areas
good example is in my colony I have a refrigirated area next to the kitchen but this area is filled with corn and rice unlimited
this 2 raw food is gettong rot longer then other foods like meat or berries so I want to store some in refrigirated area rest will be in some place else
if I can define how much for each place it would be good

Havan_IronOak

++Good

I'm also in favor of allowing a scalable storage area.
If available I'd use them to:
more easily place individual IED's around a crash landed poison ship
place small amounts of steel in perimeter spots to repair power ducts & doors that get destroyed
better balance the amount of feed in my animal feed storage bins
and a dozen other uses.

I don't see these as cheats just good planning and a better user interface would streamline this.

14m1337

Quote from: platipuss on October 30, 2016, 04:37:14 AM
hello

it would be good if you can define how much is allowed to store for each item in storage areas
good example is in my colony I have a refrigirated area next to the kitchen but this area is filled with corn and rice unlimited
this 2 raw food is gettong rot longer then other foods like meat or berries so I want to store some in refrigirated area rest will be in some place else
if I can define how much for each place it would be good

just make some small store zones in your fridge, and then set them to the appropriate item.
for example, if you have a 5x5 refrigerator zone, it could be split into 2x2 for corn, 2x2 for rice, and the rest for raw meat.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Serenity

When you want to store a handful of meals or other items somewhere even a tile zone is too big

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: 14m1337 on November 30, 2016, 05:05:10 PM
just make some small store zones in your fridge, and then set them to the appropriate item.
for example, if you have a 5x5 refrigerator zone, it could be split into 2x2 for corn, 2x2 for rice, and the rest for raw meat.

If one uses a mod that expands the number of items that can be stored in a single square (Which is great MOST of the time) it limits how effective single square storage areas are.  One can use artillery shells instead of  IEDs  if one places a number of them  in 1 square storage areas  all around a drop ship. But it's very "fiddley." Limiting how many of a good can be stored in a single square storage area makes this much more manageable.

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on November 30, 2016, 01:04:18 PM
If available I'd use them to:
more easily place individual IED's around a crash landed poison ship
place small amounts of steel in perimeter spots to repair power ducts & doors that get destroyed
better balance the amount of feed in my animal feed storage bins
and a dozen other uses.

I don't see these as cheats just good planning and a better user interface would streamline this.

skullywag

Asking for something to help you game a threat isnt the smartest way of suggesting something now is it? Lol
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: skullywag on December 01, 2016, 03:24:37 AM
Asking for something to help you game a threat isn't the smartest way of suggesting something now is it? Lol

Personally, I don't see it as "gaming" a threat.  For me the game is about planning and using what's provided to build a smoothly functioning system.  Using artillery shells in the way I'm talking about is still possible it just requires a LOT of user intervention.  Anything that puts PLANNING back into the game is something I support.   But, I can see how other would disagree and that's fine.

14m1337

the thing is: if it would be possible to set a storage zone to max. 1 per item, then your tactic for dealing with the ship event would be a far too easy way, which would destroy game balance and thus the event would have to be much more difficult, for example by spawning 10x more mechanoids.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.