Birthing is anticlimactic

Started by mumblemumble, October 30, 2016, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

Birthing currently just involves quickly spawning a few little ones from the pregnant animal, and removing the pregnancy...only this is...really anticlimactic. I noticed this mainly when my sow birthed 3, 3!!! piglets in the middle of hauling a stack of lumber on her back, without skipping a beat. Just shoved them out in the middle of the woods and kept walking.

Really, this got me thinking...birthing could use a bit more detail, at least a brief incapacitation of the animal as its water breaks, and being briefly stuck as it slowly births it, and perhaps a period where the animal just nuzzles and bonds with its child, and possibly a period where the child follows the mother for a few days exclusively.

I'm not sure if any of that sounds like too much, but at least having the "labor" be more laborious than blowing ones nose would be great.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Lizardo

Or they can explosively expel them.

Given the simplistic style, the present form seems best.
http://apatheticagnostic.com/ourchurch/intro.html
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ominous-Parallels-Freedom-America/dp/0452011175

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - abbot Arnaud Amalric prior to the Massacre at Béziers

Mr.Cross

Have we forgotten what Tremor taught us? Babies cannibalizing their mothers are the only way to be born!

Full disclosure is I don't actually know if it's Tremors i'm thinking about
Claims to know most things.

mumblemumble

you guys are blowing it out of proportion...im just saying it should at LEAST lock them in place like vomiting to do it
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

A Friend

It would be nice if animals need to be in a sleeping spot or animal bed before they give birth.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Alenerel

Quote from: A Friend on October 30, 2016, 11:04:07 PM
It would be nice if animals need to be in a sleeping spot or animal bed before they give birth.

More than need, they should decide to go there, to the "safest" place. Cause wild animals, at least irl, also give birth, idk in game.