[1.0+] Outer Galaxies (AKA Rimworld 2.0; now with 70's T-levels)

Started by Razzoriel, October 30, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitz

It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Razzoriel

• Biomes - 75% ready (needs testing)
  • Backstories - 70% ready (needs child backstories)
  • Weapons - 75% ready (needs testing)
  • Armor/Clothing - 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Traits- 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Resources (ores, food, etc) - 50% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Diseases - 50% ready (needs testing)
  • Animals - 90% ready (needs sound XML coding)
  • Buildings - 25% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Research - 25% ready (needs XML coding)

Biomes almost done, requiring some testing. Going to code diseases next (should be easy), resources next (not as much), then buildings (gotta do some spriting in some artwork), then last but not least research.

KozmoD

Seems like a huge deal. Im interested :3

Razzoriel

Biomes and animals fully operational. Patching now vanilla items and animals for new concepts such as incorporated meat types, Slashing/Piercing damage differentiation, and such. Will post pictures of the new biomes in a few, but in the meantime they will look pretty close to vanilla biomes.

Razzoriel

I just realized that there's a huge amount of plants and trees (mainly farmable) that are supposed to come with the mod. I'll release some screenshots without them for now, but in the future they'll be added. For now, here are some actual screenshots for some biomes. I have not editted the start for the game yet, this is simply as a statement of how biomes would work, fauna-related. Further changes may occur.

https://imgur.com/a/oRyEk

Razzoriel

Doing lots and lots of vanilla patching. No update on the roadmap; forgot to add that little thing, no idea how long its gonna take.

Tomasdav

Razzoriel

• Biomes - 75% ready (needs testing)
  • Backstories - 70% ready (needs child backstories)
  • Weapons - 75% ready (needs testing)
  • Armor/Clothing - 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Traits- 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Resources (ores, food, etc) - 90% ready (needs finishing XML coding)
  • Diseases - 50% ready (needs testing)
  • Animals - 95% ready (needs final testing)
  • Buildings - 25% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Research - 25% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Recipes - 35% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Vanilla patching- 50% ready

Halfway done through all Vanilla patching. Added a crapton of processing recipes; still not done. Added about 50 more items, including seeds, immature farm plants and resources.

KozmoD

Tomasdav

This will be mod of the year, but Its cool saying something is 75% done but can you possibly add some information about how much it acctualy is?

Razzoriel

Quote from: Tomasdav on April 25, 2018, 01:42:59 PM
This will be mod of the year, but Its cool saying something is 75% done but can you possibly add some information about how much it acctualy is?
It's a completely-made-up number based off on the work i've already done on something and the estimation on future work required to complete something. It does not take into account things i'm going back to add or fix (example: i was done on turrets; this amazing mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40913.0) adds amazing turrets. I have to go back and add them because they're so cool. So previous work I did has to be increased. So the previous 43 turrets now are increased to 48 because of this little mod that was released.

Also, on your "this will be mod of the year" quote. I'm making this to be the mod of all mods. An unofficial expansion, akin to what Pavonis Interactive did in XCom2 with Long War.

Tomasdav

Quote from: Razzoriel on April 25, 2018, 04:57:59 PM
Quote from: Tomasdav on April 25, 2018, 01:42:59 PM
It's a completely-made-up number based off on the work i've already done on something and the estimation on future work required to complete something. It does not take into account things i'm going back to add or fix (example: i was done on turrets; this amazing mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40913.0) adds amazing turrets. I have to go back and add them because they're so cool. So previous work I did has to be increased. So the previous 43 turrets now are increased to 48 because of this little mod that was released.

Also, on your "this will be mod of the year" quote. I'm making this to be the mod of all mods. An unofficial expansion, akin to what Pavonis Interactive did in XCom2 with Long War.
Sorry I didnĀ“t wanna sound like as*hole I was just curious how vast this mod/modpack would be I know its pretty huge but knowing more is just in my nature

Call me Arty

Real quick, are there going to be different races of pawns? Y'know, like the Crystalloids, or Apini? I looked through every post here, and didn't see a hint of "xeno" or "race". I assume the concept wouldn't mix well with the more grounded feel you seem to be going for.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Razzoriel

Quote from: Call me Arty on April 26, 2018, 03:23:52 PM
Real quick, are there going to be different races of pawns? Y'know, like the Crystalloids, or Apini? I looked through every post here, and didn't see a hint of "xeno" or "race". I assume the concept wouldn't mix well with the more grounded feel you seem to be going for.
There'll be zero support for more playable races, at least until there is a good stable version around. This does not mean I'm scratching off the concept forever; it's simply a question of priorities. There'll come a time where developing nano/spacer tech will be a priority, and when that time comes, I'll add in more races (probably) to expand upon this late-game scenario.

Call me Arty

Quote from: Razzoriel on April 26, 2018, 06:48:37 PM
There'll be zero support for more playable races, at least until there is a good stable version around. This does not mean I'm scratching off the concept forever; it's simply a question of priorities. There'll come a time where developing nano/spacer tech will be a priority, and when that time comes, I'll add in more races (probably) to expand upon this late-game scenario.

Thanks. Races have always been a priority of mine, but this looks cool and promising enough to ignore the races for a bit.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!