Taking a Picture of the Colony Residents (Social Event)

Started by A Friend, November 01, 2016, 06:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

You can set a spot similar to parties and marriages but for the event to trigger, you would need to first have a camera. The event would only happen once per year in the spring (Or maybe every couple of seasons as colonists tend to come and go).
Anyways, the event would be similar to marriages:

1. The every colonist along with their bonded pets not set to work would gather to the spot while one person fetches the camera from the stockpile. They'd socialize a bit while the camera is being set up.
2. When it's ready, the colonists will tightly gather and face the camera.
3. The camera flashes and the picture's taken. Everyone receives a great mood buff for a week. Some colonists may huddle around the camera as if checking the photograph but would then leave immediately after.
4. The camera drops a photograph whose description can be viewed via "art".

In the description it would name every colonists and pets who participated in the event and then the date it was taken. Or if possible, have it list down the names in which you could click on and it would show something like this:

(Have the pawn picture be in sepia if possible)
It would show the clothes, stats, traits, age, and augmentation (if they have any) which the pawn had on that day.

I think it would be a neat "little" addition to the game. You could remember pawns that died or see how your bionic cyborg murdermachine used to be some chump with a peg leg and 3 shooting skill a year ago.

So... thoughts?
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Thane

Ooooo... A yearly record! I love all these suggestions that sort of help remind us of the storytelling aspect of this game.

Not adding to the minimal style. Just simply reminding us of what happened. I think name and a job description based on what they did the most would be more appropriate for the pic though.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.