Firefly

Started by ChromeDemonxXx, October 16, 2013, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromeDemonxXx

So... Any browncoats here?  ;)

Yarkista

I plan on watching it on netflix when I'm finished with breaking bad.

ChromeDemonxXx

You should. It's an amazing show, but they canceled it early. They did make a movie to wrap everything up though

Semmy

Quote from: ChromeDemonxXx on October 16, 2013, 11:53:00 AM
You should. It's an amazing show, but they canceled it early. They did make a movie to wrap everything up though

it's not wrapped up...... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

yes i keep hoping.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

ChromeDemonxXx

Quote from: Semmy on October 16, 2013, 12:07:40 PM
Quote from: ChromeDemonxXx on October 16, 2013, 11:53:00 AM

it's not wrapped up...... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

yes i keep hoping.

True. But at least they tried? D:

GC13

So, I ask you fans of Firefly: what video clip could you show me to put the show's best foot forward? In the past I've considered buying the series due to its high popularity, but even the "best of" clips don't do anything for me. The main character in particular struck me as poorly acted, like he was a touch too cartoonish for me to believe if I remember right.

Yarkista

Watch it on netflix man, there's a free month trial.

Pheanox

The graphic novel continues to fill in and continue the story, at least.  Not that I read it.

GC13

Quote from: Yarkista on October 16, 2013, 12:59:06 PM
I was hoping for some suggestions short of using whatever measures I see as necessary to watch it without paying for it.

Yarkista

Quote from: GC13 on October 16, 2013, 02:05:42 PM
I was hoping for some suggestions short of using whatever measures I see as necessary to watch it without paying for it.

Yes, netflix is free for a month, then you can cancel it.

Spike

Quote from: GC13 on October 16, 2013, 02:05:42 PM

This will vary based on your location, but check out your public library.  Mine has a load of new and old movies and tv shows available for free.  No, you won't get brand new releases, but it's great for checking out older shows.

Keystone

Quote from: GC13 on October 16, 2013, 12:56:05 PM
So, I ask you fans of Firefly: what video clip could you show me to put the show's best foot forward? In the past I've considered buying the series due to its high popularity, but even the "best of" clips don't do anything for me. The main character in particular struck me as poorly acted, like he was a touch too cartoonish for me to believe if I remember right.

The best part of the show is the interaction of the various crew members, they all have very interesting personalities.
you won't be able to get that just by watching a clip.

If you like the work the writer/creator has done elsewhere you will properly like Firefly.

Joss Whedon

SteveAdamo

Quote from: Keystone on October 18, 2013, 09:19:33 AM
The best part of the show is the interaction of the various crew members, they all have very interesting personalities.

agreed... the dialogue/characters/setting all just "work" so well together...

im not sure if its available to you, but the SciFi channel regularly (well, perhaps semi-regularly) shows old episodes...

Spike

Part of it is the humor.  Check this - Firefly

Turbo

Quote from: GC13 on October 16, 2013, 12:56:05 PM

I got you covered. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eqnu1N8bu8
Whatever happens, happens.