Toxic Fallout

Started by PiggyBacon, December 11, 2016, 02:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiggyBacon

I feel like my game is bugged since a toxic fallout has been around for little over 2.5 years now. How long are they suppost to last? This same colony has seen multiple fallouts but never more than a few months let alone a few years.

carbon

2.5 years is certainly longer than I've ever seen.

What storyteller, difficulty and scenario are you running?
Any mods active?

PiggyBacon

Random Randy extreme with permadeath and 3 crashed colonists. I have quite a few mods but nothing affects weather only adds things. This isn't the first fallout to show its horrible face it's probley the 5th or 6th but is by far the longest.

ArguedPiano

Randy could be your issue. I have never seen a toxic fallout last nearly that long but Randy, of course, is random, so who knows?
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

PiggyBacon

Dun know but it certainly makes life a bitch. Everyone uses gas masks outside to counter fallout but the map has been a radioactive wasteland for years. Good for raiders but not hunting sadly.

ArguedPiano

Gas masks eh? Maybe it is a mod that's misbehaving.
Alternatively, you may be able to use Devmode to force end the event.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Zhentar

Vanilla toxic fallout caps at about 10 days unless you use a scenario to make it permanent.

I might be wrong about this, but I don't think there is a dev mode tool to end map conditions. Might have to save edit.

PiggyBacon

I've been trying to figure out where the hell the gas masks came from. I think the problem is Combat Realism since it doesn't play well with others probley since Core Library isn't up to 15 yet.

Elithen

Didn't the creator of CR walk away from RimWorld modding? Don't think the core library will be updated again, so that's a good place to start for conflicts.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 254

Fafn1r

Quote from: PiggyBacon on December 12, 2016, 06:29:50 AM
I've been trying to figure out where the hell the gas masks came from. I think the problem is Combat Realism since it doesn't play well with others probley since Core Library isn't up to 15 yet.

After having a quick look at CR, I don't see any changes to world events.

Gas masks are either from FashionRIMsta or Remote Explosives.

PiggyBacon

I use remote explosives like no tomorrow. Not sure why it would just decide to break now though this same colony has been going for years probley centuries at this point. CR was updated to A15 on the workshop and didn't need CCL anymore. Maybe they didn't update it right.