A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bozobub

I know you're joking, but damn, that would be incredibly fun.
Thanks, belgord!

mumblemumble

Quote from: Alenerel on November 03, 2016, 03:41:39 PM
If that is the main menu new background he deserves all the bullshit that happened with RPS. Tho I think that that bullshit actually made him popular, so idk...
I saw at least one guy vow to buy rimworld because of the SJW bait article... but yeah

also, I'm surprised nobody brought this up HERE now. But I didn't want to be "that guy" making a forum post about it.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

xrumblingcdsx

I hope it includes fences.

Alenerel

Quote from: xrumblingcdsx on November 03, 2016, 11:20:19 PM
I hope it includes fences.

this for crops would be cool, tho not very useful. well, maybe costing 1 wood and be weak, just to keep animals away

Lightzy

So I heard he's adding a kerbal crashlanding scenario, I'm fucking pumped!!

xrumblingcdsx

I also hope that at some point we get storage containers similar to the crates in stonehearth. My bases always wind up being gigantic stockpiles.

mumblemumble

Crates, or proper warehouse racks with multilevel storage shelves. even if Z levels never happen, this would be very useful
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

O Negative

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 04, 2016, 04:29:38 AM
Crates, or proper warehouse racks with multilevel storage shelves. even if Z levels never happen, this would be very useful

I agree. The first thing that comes to my mind is the typical inventory UI a lot of other games have.

Dead Space:

Runescape:

Terraria:

Alternatively, I could see something like what Project Zomboid has going:

Cimm0

I always loved the perspective-giving background of the current game - you see a huge broken ship which is still microscopic compared to the planet. You know that a few escape pods and the people in them are like bacteria to humans, in the grand scale of things.

I also like the music that starts with a peaceful hum which completely contrasts the situation - the colonists crash landing in some uncivilized, foreign world, in the middle of nowhere.

It just screams "the world keeps turning despite the crash landing, you're on your own now, this is it!"

Please save the background in some game folder and/or save the special atmosphere that it presents :(

carbon

Cimm0, you realize the whole new background thing was a big joke, right?

iota_x

This just in!

A16 is one thing, and one thing only... A new intro-screen backdrop!

In all seriousness though, I feel like a dynamic rotating sphere of a foreign planet would make for a very cool intro-screen. I agree that the current image is pretty cool, but I'm always open to something even cooler. Tynan hasn't let me down yet!

My predictions for A16 based on this? Some progressive balancing and minor tweaking of existing systems, and then one (or maybe two - this is "the biggest update ever") new features being introduced. The hint (and fan-speculation) seems to suggest a better "world feel". That meaning, there will be more varied, and hopefully intuitive, ways to interact with other factions on your world.

Jimyoda

Oh, my! Cool!
Note that they'll be a bit peckish when they get there!
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

O Negative

Dang it, Jimyoda. You beat me to the post! Haha.
I don't even know how to contain my hype after that picture was posted by Tynan.
This actually looks like you can send caravans to attack other settlements, and/or settle on new tiles.
Even just the ability to travel to new tiles, and create new colonies, would sell this for me.

"RimWorld: The Caravan" 8)

mumblemumble

Dear lord... it IS true!

Tynan, if you are reading this, I absolutely love you , you glorious mind you!

Especially because, if there REALLY will be new, visit-able space, this provides ANOTHER dimension for events, which rim-world was really needing.

It will also add a huge time/ resource sink goal, which was also needed.

Also, SONOVABITCH! I promised I wouldn't get hyped!....

I really hope this acts like fallout 1 / 2 travel

-----

Andy_Dandy

Wow, just wow! Tynan, my lad, I'm so proud of you.