A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron42na

I put RW down for A15...really looking forward to A16 and starting again!   :)

GuesUserNameGUN

I'm thinking maybe new items of clothes that help with carry weight, I.E. a gun belt that gives you +1 secondary slots and +1 primary and + ammo, or something, and backpacks that give more space for general items, such as food or as mentioned earlier, gold.

Alenerel

I just checked the IchyFlea mods and he has a tool belt that gives work speed. I think its a very good idea, the tools belt could go into the medium layer where the armor vest is, but being able to wear a jacket at same time. I havent tried his mod so I dont know if it already does this, I suppose it does.

carbon

Well, I stand somewhat corrected on my prediction that A16 will simply have the secondary colony stuff be abstract.

Tynan instead went for the "simulate everything, at full-fidelity, all at once, in real time", which is ... ballsy.

I just hope the major performance hit it's taking for this isn't going to be a significant hindrance to future development. Not to mention the intense micromanagement players are going to have to deal with at times.

mumblemumble

Quote from: carbon on December 12, 2016, 06:45:18 PM
Well, I stand somewhat corrected on my prediction that A16 will simply have the secondary colony stuff be abstract.

Tynan instead went for the "simulate everything, at full-fidelity, all at once, in real time", which is ... ballsy.

I just hope the major performance hit it's taking for this isn't going to be a significant hindrance to future development. Not to mention the intense micromanagement players are going to have to deal with at times.
Ballsy indeed, but if I'm 100% honest, I don't care as much about a16, as what MODDERS will come up with this system. Don't get me wrong, a16 is nice, but there's a new DIMENSION that opens up with the ability to make new maps n such.

Seriously, as fun as a16 will be... ...mods will have AMAZING new tools to use...

Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Berownie

click here for fullsize
Did I just find the best map on the first try?

GuesUserNameGUN

Also, you guys do know that if you have steam you can get the in development version of A16, right?

taha

Quote from: Berownie on December 13, 2016, 03:21:30 AM
Did I just find the best map on the first try?

No, you did not. A siege is going to be a huge problem. Poison / Psy ship in bottom / middle right. Also drop pods in center.
A nice map is the one that have mountains completely blocking one side. Something like that.

=================================
= MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM =
= MMMMMMMMM           MMMMMMMMM =
= MMMMMM                 MMMMMM =
=                               =
=================================

If you are lucky enough to also have some mountains (M) in the middle bottom. you are set.

Alenerel

Come on, dont bring that real life shit here. A good enclosure is 60% of the defense in this game, being the rest the turrets and traps.

Poison ship? IEDs. Siege? Counter siege, hit and run, fire trick... Fire trick is the most effective, specially with incendiary mortars.

GuesUserNameGUN

I have seen better. Found a large semi circle of mountain with a larger semi circle around it, all up taking the entire map. Only 2 entrances in the entire map