New mission - Protect the Antenna (or whatever MacGuffin)

Started by Deer87, November 04, 2016, 07:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deer87

I have been working on this idea/concept for increased "reason to exist" for ones colony.
I will use a Communications Antenna for the example.

The core concept is:

• There is a war going on between the colony's faction and another equally strong/advanced faction
  • The colony is created to support one specific purpose establish and protect said comms tower/antenna/station supporting the war effort
  • The player can opt for periodical supply drops or directly request these
  • The initial team will be less ragtag to illustrate the military purpose
  • Apart from the usual enemies the enemy faction attacks with the direct aim to destroy said antenna/station
  • The enemy faction will be equipped professionally
  • If the objective is destroyed, a countdown will begin, the player has to reestablish communications within the timeframe, or loose the game

Alternatively this objective could be a mine for rare resources, a slave marked or something completely different.

It is my belief that this scenario can be incorporated with relatively small effort, provided knowledge about programming/modding, and will give the game a new angle based on survival/protect the flag as well as a sustainable colony is still required. (Unfortunately I do not posses the programming/modding skills myself)

Best wishes and thank you for an amazing game.

Cpt. DuctTape

With the scenario system already in the game, and with mods like Prepare Carefully, I think this scenario/gamemode could be made pretty easily. :)