Maximum Days to Stave off Withdrawl?

Started by ArguedPiano, November 07, 2016, 01:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArguedPiano

I have a colonist who currently has an addiction to Wake-up. With no current means to produce more, and a small supply of the stuff, I would like to make him take as little as possible to negate serious effects of withdraw.

Setting him to a 'No Drug' policy I have been forcing him to take some whenever the warning message pops up about his withdraw, (Usually when it reaches 50%).

My question is if I were to set up a policy for him, how often would he have to take it to reduce significant effects of Withdrawal? It only seems to be a problem (as far as I can tell) when it reaches 50% and he receives a massive mood debuff.
Also, how quickly does Withdrawal increase?
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

mumblemumble

I THINK it varies from drug to drug, for yayo it lasts a LITTLE over a day, the "need" but it also depends on tolerance. 2 days might also work.

Withdrawal doesn't "increase" iirc. Withdrawal goes as this.

-Taking a drug, maxes out the need, gives a high
-drug high expires, need is fine for a while
-meter gets low, withdrawal hits
-meter EMPTIES, and detox starts. Detox in my experience takes roughly 1 season, or a little more, completely removing addiction when done.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Zhentar

None of the "hard" drugs can be weaned. The increase in addiction from a single dose is greater than the addiction reduces before withdrawal kicks back in. Smokeleaf can be taken every second or third day (I've forgotten which) to prevent withdrawal while still slowly breaking the addiction.

ArguedPiano

I am not looking to break his addiction. I want to make my current supply of Wake-Up (I have 9 left) last as long as possible without my Pawn going berserk. He is my best constructor so I need him at his (relative) best for as long as I can.

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 07, 2016, 01:25:30 PM
Withdrawal doesn't "increase" iirc. Withdrawal goes as this.
What I was referring to as Withdrawal is when you look at the Pawns health tab, it lists 'Withdrawal' and a percentage that increases over time. I will pay more attention to the 'need bar' and see if that helps. Thanks.

There seems to be very little information on this subject in particular so maybe I will have to do some experiments of my own.

Thank you for the replies. Any information is helpful.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Bozobub

The actual answer is zero

"Bob, we need to talk about your addiction issues."

*shank*

A few hours later...

"Dinner, everyone!  And you can all tell me how you like my new hat while we eat..."
Thanks, belgord!