Aggressive Turrets

Started by Draegon, November 04, 2016, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draegon

I was thinking that while turrets cannot be set to target a specific thing anymore they should have an option to auto kill any wild animal that comes nearby. it would help with protecting farms and colonists that may get hunted by wild animals.

DirectorBright

Agreed, random hungry animals tearing my colonists legs off while the turrets just watch is infuriating.
Healer got his legs torn off by hellspawn today, bugs exploded from someones floor, and its been a toxic fallout nuclear winter for the past week. Then a solar flare hit.
Such is life in the rimworld.

Goryus

Is there a reason why turrets can't be set to target something in particular?

O Negative

Quote from: Goryus on November 09, 2016, 10:35:39 PM
Is there a reason why turrets can't be set to target something in particular?

I don't play with turrets anymore - because reasons - but I do remember how easy it used to be to select a crap-ton of turrets and have them focus down single "priority" targets. They were also useful for passive mining; you could set them to shoot at walls, and that would net you resources over time. The only downside was the power consumption, but you can't just up that until turret mining isn't effective anymore. So, instead of balancing the game against cheap and cheesy tactics, the ability to use cheap and cheesy tactics was probably stripped from the game for this reason :)

-this all speculation, of course-