I want to go full 90's in this game.

Started by Razzoriel, November 05, 2016, 12:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 08, 2016, 05:48:21 AM
To be honest, I think some women are much WEAKER than before, due to the safe space culture where criticism isn't allowed. (iron sharpens iron)

I vastly agree with this, but I also agree that happens the same with men, both psychologicaly speaking.

About the differences between men and women... Some of the "sexist" differences told here are wrong. Women arent better at taking care of kids or at cooking or at nursing, people just think that because those are what their role have been for centuries... But its just a leftover role, they couldnt do anything else and men didnt do these roles cause their strength was more (much more) needed in the farm or in the war. Women also needed to be protected more since their numbers were and are the limiting factor of the reproductive capabilities of the humans.

An example, just think about who are the best cooks in the world.

I could write a long text at why the empathy stuff is wrong too... But I really dont want to waste effort and time just to be yelled at.

Alenerel

Okay, I answer again cause I think that I got too far from the main point, which is always playability.

If real world capabilities are implemented in the game, a full male colony would be just the only way to go. Why would you have less useful men if they cant do nothing special? The thing that they can do is breeding... But this isnt a mechanic in the game and honestly I dont want it either, so basically I wouldnt implement anything of this in game, just leave it as it is now.

In fact, I would just implement ONE small thing and for the fun of it, which is "those days". Just imagine, someone is having a hard time, has a mental breakdown, goes berserk and kills all your colony. The warning says "she went berserk, the final straw was "she is in those days"".

I would put a minimal -5 debuff to it tho, nothing too much. If we talked about implementing breeding then I think that the toll should be more like 15, just to put the comparison in there, but as I said, I dont want that.

mumblemumble

Quotebut I also agree that happens the same with men, both psychologicaly speaking.
Very true, masculinity is very discouraged in a lot of places, even called toxic. I couldn't give a damn, people love my masculinity (I'm not even very masculine lol)

QuoteAbout the differences between men and women... Some of the "sexist" differences told here are wrong. Women arent better at taking care of kids or at cooking or at nursing, people just think that because those are what their role have been for centuries... But its just a leftover role, they couldnt do anything else and men didnt do these roles cause their strength was more (much more) needed in the farm or in the war. Women also needed to be protected more since their numbers were and are the limiting factor of the reproductive capabilities of the humans.
Eh, well "raising a child" and asking if one is better is asking if  either a  farm oaf or a nobel is better at "helping a colony". its too complicated to say one or the other.

I will say, women have skills of EMPATHY (more emotional) Which DOES translate into being better at empathy requiring jobs. Nursing, and caring for young children being very good examples...men are less empathetic and more logical, so this isn't as good of a fit, typically.

Quotedont want to waste effort and time just to be yelled at.
I don't yell at people... unless they REEAAAALLLY fucked up.

The last person I yelled at IRL pulled a knife on me for instance...that is why I yelled (and almost beat the fuck out of them, but nobody was hurt)

If real world capabilities are implemented in the game, a full male colony would be just the only way to go. Why would you have less useful men if they cant do nothing special? The thing that they can do is breeding... But this isnt a mechanic in the game and honestly I dont want it either, so basically I wouldnt implement anything of this in game, just leave it as it is now.
Negative. you imply men are better at EVERYTHING. They aren't. Women are more sociable, caring, have finer cognitive ability (better shots, crafters) and ontop of that, a girlfriend / wife is of HUGE value in rimworld (ive actually let people be exposed to large amounts of danger in an attempt to rescue a wife, or capture one intact from a raid), and very few colonists are gay soo...yeah, having women, if this was implemented would be extremely useful. I know I would love to have female snipers, male brawlers, female tailors, male doctors, female wardens, male builders.... Course, this is stereotyping on gender, but still. Females in general are better snipers.

QuoteIn fact, I would just implement ONE small thing and for the fun of it, which is "those days". Just imagine, someone is having a hard time, has a mental breakdown, goes berserk and kills all your colony. The warning says "she went berserk, the final straw was "she is in those days"".
Idk, I think it should be mild pain (cramps) with perhaps fluctuation in mood in a random range

Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.