Any other decent (slightly less hardcore) modpacks?

Started by captainradish, November 05, 2016, 05:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainradish

I want to make the point right off the bat that I really like the Hardcore modpack. HOWEVER, it is sometimes a bit too hardcore for my taste. The vanilla game has come a long way since I started playing somewhere around alpha 8 or 9, but I still find myself including many different mods that often conflict. So, I feel the need to ask two questions:

1.) Are there any other modpacks floating around other than Hardcore? I remember there were a few really good ones, but they seem to have vanished.

2.) Are there any programs floating around that will tell you if you have a mod conflict? The game doesn't as far as I can tell.

sulusdacor

at 1.) there was the modvariety pack for a12. which was quite balanced and added a alot. if u own the older alpha and don't mind it.

at 2.) some people allready discussed this in another thread. nope

as for using many different mods: i usally play with a lot of different mods without any problems. so if you don't mind that costs are not balanced against the different mods there should not be a problem. you just need to be a bit aware of what the mod adds to the game and some time to set up. my process is usally search the mods i want and download them or add by steam. then start up, if any errors checking the output log or ingame if i can identify the mod. are there mods overriding the same thing. can i solve it by changing the load order. if one error is persistent i try to find the mod by disabling others slowly. then comes the question do i really need/want the errors causing mod. if not just remove. if i want what it adds, then time to find out what it conflicts with or if i can fix it myself. i admit it's a bit time consuming and can see why people don't want to do this. for me it#s part of the game and somewhat fun^^ . but you if you use steam, there are probably some good modlists on steam i assume, which work well together and you can just load up and play. would look there if you are searching.