[A16] Several Puffins' Social Mods (Rumours&Deception, Romance Diversified, ..)

Started by Several Puffins, November 06, 2016, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanao-kun

Quote from: faltonico on November 06, 2016, 09:35:45 PM
Quote from: Nanao-kun on November 06, 2016, 08:16:04 PM
...as for mods, I've got a lot of them. Need to find some easy way of getting a proper list...
go to:
%HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config
The file is "ModsConfig.XML".
I found out about it recently, it has your mod list and mod order.
I hope it helps.

Oof, I'd totally forgotten about that.

<li>Core</li>
    <li>A15 MBS Spotlights v2.0</li>
    <li>Achtung</li>
    <li>AllowTool</li>
    <li>Animal Feed Trough V1.1 A15 [V.G.]</li>
    <li>Ariadna</li>
    <li>Barn Stall V1.0 A15</li>
    <li>BetterInfestation</li>
    <li>Cobblestone Floors A15</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>
    <li>DefensivePositions</li>
    <li>ED-ShieldsBasic</li>
    <li>Enlighten</li>
    <li>Faction Discovery</li>
    <li>FashionRIMsta</li>
    <li>FluffierThanThou-RW_Blueprints-9cbe574</li>
    <li>FluffierThanThou-RW_EnhancedTabs-f5e58d9</li>
    <li>High Caliber</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>Infused</li>
    <li>LEDTechnology_0_7</li>
    <li>Less-Rebuff</li>
    <li>MapReroll</li>
    <li>Medieval Asian Weapons</li>
    <li>Mending</li>
    <li>MiningCo. LaserFence</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Incidents</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_MapGenerator</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Objects</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots</li>
    <li>Robots_PlusPlus_Misc_Robots_Xtension</li>
    <li>Modular Tables</li>
    <li>More Vanilla Turrets</li>
    <li>PackMuffalo</li>
    <li>PetFollow</li>
    <li>QualityBuilder</li>
    <li>RedistHeat</li>
    <li>RemoteExplosives</li>
    <li>RimFridge</li>
    <li>RIMkea 1.1</li>
    <li>Rimsenal</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Federation</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Feral</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_hair</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Security</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Storyteller</li>
    <li>Rimushima</li>
    <li>RTFTJ</li>
    <li>RT_Fuse-A15-1.0.2</li>
    <li>RT_SolarFlareShield-A15-1.0.5</li>
    <li>RW_ColonistBarKF-0.15.3</li>
    <li>static_quality_plus_A15.1.1</li>
    <li>Refactored Work Priorities</li>
    <li>Hand Me That Brick</li>
    <li>Cooks Can Refuel</li>
    <li>Better Pathfinding</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
    <li>Vegetable Garden</li>
    <li>WanderingCaravans</li>
    <li>[A15] [Lighter] Realistic Darkness</li>
    <li>JTBetterHauling</li>
    <li>JTEfficientBatteries</li>
    <li>JTOrbital</li>
    <li>JTReplaceWalls</li>
    <li>JTSavagePrisoners</li>
    <li>JTWeRAnimals</li>
    <li>JTCampfireCremate</li>
    <li>Floored</li>
    <li>Fences And Floors</li>
    <li>FloorLights</li>
    <li>Rimworld_IndustrialRoller</li>
    <li>HP Lovecraft Storyteller [DoublePop] v1.1b A15</li>
    <li>Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors V1.3f A15</li>
    <li>Call of Cthulhu - Industrial Age V1.0d A15</li>
    <li>Call of Cthulhu - Neutral Factions V1.5 A15</li>
    <li>VeinMiner</li>
    <li>RomanceDiversified</li>
    <li>RumoursAndDeception</li>
    <li>AMC(1) DE Surgeries</li>
    <li>AMC(1) ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>AMC(2) ADogSaid</li>
    <li>AMC(2) Chemicals &amp; Neutroamine</li>
    <li>AMC(2) EmergencyTreatment</li>
    <li>AMC(2) Improved Surgery</li>
    <li>AMC(2) Medical Training</li>
    <li>AMC(2) Realistic Medical System EPOE Version</li>
    <li>AMC(3) Compatibility patch_ADog &amp; ISurgery</li>
    <li>AMC(3) Compatibility patch_DESurgery &amp; ISurgery</li>
    <li>AMC(3) Compatibility patch_EPOE &amp; ISurgery</li>
    <li>AMC(4) Compatibility patch_EPOE Realiistic Medical &amp; ISurgery</li>
    <li>Miniaturisation</li>
    <li>CraftingHysteresis</li>

There we go.

A Friend

Extra complexity with social stuff. Neat!
This mod is right up my alley.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Der Failer

Quote from: Several Puffins on November 06, 2016, 07:36:42 PM
Der Failer, I'll be happy to upload to Steam! I've yet to work out how, but I'm sure it's not beyond the capabilities of myself of people I can wail mournfully to.
Quote from: SkullywagMake sure you are in dev mode (options) and then on the mods page your mod will have an "upload" button.
Source
I happend to wonder the same the other day.

Commander Blackwatch

Impressive Mod

Adding some Social mod or stuff is a great idea that's bring life the colony and thanks for this mod i hope you will add new Things.  :) :D :) :D :)
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

mabor0shi

Quote from: CJoker3221 on November 06, 2016, 07:04:16 PM
'Kiryuin apologized to me. Jono did not accept the apology' Now Jono smash! But seriously though, anything can be done to fix that..? xD
I think he meant that it should be '...apologized to me. I did not accept...' or '...apologized to Jono. Jono did not accept...' anyway, this seems totally like something that Tynan was getting around to/would have done if he had thought of it. I think it'll give the colonists more control over events, making RW more of a 'storytelling experience' and less of a 'keep the colonists alive, run the colony efficiently' experience. More like The Sims, less like Sim City. More like D&D, less like chess. More like sea monkeys, less like Hungry Hungry Hippos. and so on.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Several Puffins

123nick- Yes, I'd be interested in having that happen, though probably only if they REALLY hate the rest of the colony. I took the path of least resistance for this first release, though, and just have them set up shop nearby.

Der Failer - That's really helpful. My real job will keep me pretty busy this week, but I'll try to get these two up on Steam in the next couple of days.

-Afriend, Blackwatch - Thanks! I am delighted by how supportive and positive the RimWorld community is!

Several Puffins

Nanao-kun- Wow, thanks quite a mod list! I couldn't replicate is with either my mods along or my usual mods list (which is extensive, but not as extensive as yours). I'll see if there's an interaction with one of the others when I have some free time, but if anyone else experiences this Colonist Copying Incident, could they let me know and tell me their mod list? I might be able to narrow it down.

Several Puffins

Quote from: mabor0shi on November 07, 2016, 07:35:02 PM
I think he meant that it should be '...apologized to me. I did not accept...' or '...apologized to Jono. Jono did not accept...'

Mabor0shi- Yes, I agree and I'd have been a lot happier with that set up. The incident seems to want to add the same extra sentence to both parties in the fight, which is probably why the insult interaction (which I reverse-engineered) is phrased the way it is. I'll try to make this a little more elegant in future releases.

Thanks for the complement! I am very much a fan of the storytelling aspect. It's what makes RimWorld stand out, and it's the bit I want to expand on with my mods.

Several Puffins

A quick note to Der Failer, and anyone else who wanted these mods on Steam...

These mods are now on Steam!

Rhone

mimib14

Nice!  :D Does Romance Diversified work properly with Prepare Carefully? If you pick one of them as a trait it won't add it to the pawn again after the colony is generated, right?

Several Puffins

Rhone: Thanks! Though I think we'll have to average our linguistic differences and compromise on Indian English as the official version. How about it?

mimib14: It kind of doesn't, in that the official version of Prepare Carefully only allows for three traits- sure, within those three you can use these ones. I do have a replacement assembly that extends this to four traits which you're welcome to, but I don't want to make it completely public access until the author OKs it. 

On that point, is EdB still looking after Prepare Carefully? I PMed a little while ago but didn't get a response, maybe I should be trying someone else?

Several Puffins

Also, to all, Rumours and Deception has just been updated- if you're using Steam it should update automatically, but if you're not you'll need to re-download the zip from Dropbox.

CJoker3221

Quote from: Several Puffins on November 06, 2016, 07:36:42 PM
Der Failer, I'll be happy to upload to Steam! I've yet to work out how, but I'm sure it's not beyond the capabilities of myself of people I can wail mournfully to. New pawns should spawn with these traits- they have similar weights for selection to a number of vanilla traits, at least.

Dingo- Rumours and Deception should play well with everything as it doesn't mess around with any vanilla mechanics. Psychology mostly works fine, but romantic traits (Lecher, Psychology's take on Bisexual) don't work. Thanks for introducing me to Herzblatt- it looks awesome! Sadly Romance Diversified may not play along well with it as I'd imagine it's replacing the same core mechanic.

Nanao-kun - How strange! Has it happened more than once? I'm happy to look into it, but I might need a bit more info- in particular which other mods you're using. In the mean time, I hope you can have fun with your long-lost twins game!

CJoker- Jono calmed down in the end. Anyhow, I think the apology came after the fight rather than before.

No no, I meant like why is Jono referring himself in a third person? Like 'Kiryuin apologized to 'ME'. 'JONO' (Instead of I) didn't accept it.'

Several Puffins

CJoker- Yep, this was the same grammar problem that Mabor0shi mentioned. It happens this way because, though the start of an interaction has different texts specified for both parties, the result of the interaction has the same text both parties (at least, as far as I can tell). This means that active voice can't work in the second half because they aren't both the same "me", and the switch is, I agree, jarring. That's why all of the vanilla interactions are in passive voice ("Was insulted by" etc). I've actually just put up an update that puts my sentences into passive voice to so that it doesn't change halfway through. It's both on Steam and in the dropbox.