[A16] Several Puffins' Social Mods (Rumours&Deception, Romance Diversified, ..)

Started by Several Puffins, November 06, 2016, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Several Puffins

Is Herzblatt being dropped? I really like the ideas and would love to work them into Romance Diversified, but didn't want to tread on any toes!

faltonico

Killface moved from the forums and took with him all of his posts, but he is still active on Steam. No clue if he will work on Herzblatt though, and even if he is, i think it doesn't prevent you from adding a similar functionality to your mod.

Love

Several Puffins

Sure, why not? I'm already detouring attraction- It should be pretty straightforward to add!

Chiasm

Does Romance Diversified work properly with Prepare Carefully? If I'm only missing out on an "extra" trait I guess I can live with it, I just want to make sure it doesn't mess up the mod in some other way. :)

darloth

I'm getting this error in the log:

(Filename:  Line: 375)

[HugsLib] Dangerous detour detected! InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt.SuccessChance to _InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt.SuccessChance (assembly: SexualitySpectrum). Reason: Methods are not call compatible: Parameter count mismatch

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[HugsLib] Dangerous detour detected! InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt.Interacted to _InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt.Interacted (assembly: SexualitySpectrum). Reason: Methods are not call compatible: Parameter count mismatch

and as far as I can tell, no romances are being generated.  I could be wrong, but it's been an entire ingame season with three straight males and one straight female and nobody has made so much as a pass at each other *shrug*.

I have lots of other mods, but none I thought would conflict.  The list is below:
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1393</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>CombatRealism-1.6.9.2</li>
    <li>Additional Joy Objects</li>
    <li>AllowTool</li>
    <li>AWorldWithoutHat</li>
    <li>BlackFuel</li>
    <li>Blueprints</li>
    <li>Caerbannog</li>
    <li>CraftingHysteresis</li>
    <li>DefensivePositions</li>
    <li>Fluffy_Breakdowns</li>
    <li>ICanFixIt</li>
    <li>ImTheWorkerNow</li>
    <li>MapReroll</li>
    <li>OSHACompliance</li>
    <li>RelationsTab</li>
    <li>RemoteExplosives</li>
    <li>Rimworld_IndustrialRoller</li>
    <li>Romance Diversified A16</li>
    <li>RT_Fuse-A16-1.0.4</li>
    <li>RT_PowerSwitch-A16-1.0.4</li>
    <li>RT_SolarFlareShield-A16-1.1.1</li>
    <li>RumoursAndDeceptionA16</li>
    <li>RW_EnhancedTabs</li>
    <li>RW_Manager</li>
    <li>SillyBuilder</li>
    <li>StepAway</li>
    <li>RW_MedicalInfo</li>
    <li>T-ExpandedCloth</li>
    <li>T-ExpandedCrops</li>
    <li>T-MiscStuff</li>
    <li>T-MoreBedsCloth</li>
    <li>T-MoreFloors</li>
    <li>T-RawCropThoughts</li>
    <li>TechAdvancing</li>
    <li>WorkTab</li>
    <li>Autoclose Event Notifications</li>
    <li>Clutter Structure</li>
    <li>Cooks Can Refuel</li>
    <li>Grenade Fix Rearmed</li>
    <li>Hand Me That Brick</li>
    <li>Taiga_Creatures</li>
    <li>WM Smarter food selection</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

By the way, is the code for these mods on github anywhere?

Otherwise, I really like what you're attempting to do here.  I considered using Psychology instead but I rather like the joy events and things you added, and your rumors mod (which seems to be working fine?) is good, it's adding a fair number of interesting micro-events as people talk over dinner :)

Several Puffins

Love: Yep! I've just replaced Romance with a new version, including an amelioration of the hate and lack of attraction if a pawn is also Ugly/Disfigured etc. It's not quite what Herzblatt does, these traits are still negative, but if you're an unfairly judged colonist you're much less judgemental about it. Also, philanderer pawns are now more likely to cheat if their partner is off the map (and their partner may not find out)!

@Chiasm: I've held off from releasing the version of PC that I made which extends to four traits for quite a while, as I was hoping to hear from the author, but I've now uploaded it. Check the dropbox: Prepare for Romance A16!

@Darloth: I talked to UnlimitedHugs and I think that turned out to be a HugsLib issue. There's no risk, but I'd advise you update both mods now- you'll get rid of the error message and enjoy my new, aforementioned features!

Sadly I've not uploaded the code- bad form, I know, but my GitHub is currently reserved for work-related simulated cells rather than play-related simulated people and I've not found the time to set up another one. I'll get around to it before the next big update, I'm sure!

darloth

Thanks, I'll try that.

I didn't mean to suggest you should have uploaded it, just wondering if I missed it somewhere as many are, and hoping I could maybe give you a better bug report.

Several Puffins

darloth: Ah, I see! Thank you!

To all: If you've grabbed Prepare for Romance from the dropbox and are having issues with jitter, I'm afraid I've not been able to replicate them. Try the version I just dropped in the dropbox, it's no different for me, but might solve your problems.

Chiasm

@Several Puffins: Thanks for the PC update. I've been watching couples on dates and they don't appear to be gaining joy. Not sure if that's intended, but it feels like they should.

Karasu-Tengu (烏天狗)

In regards to Rumours & Deception, would it be possible to add a way to send spies to other camps
using the new A16 features like caravan, to spread chaos to enemies and etc? I'd love to have a ninja/espionage type
deal perhaps a way to disguise your colonist as a different faction member and spread rumors or assassinate and the like.
:D 

Several Puffins

@Chiasm: They're set to party mode socially, so they do, but only do through the increased social interaction with their partner. It'll therefore depend on their partner's social skills!

The main aim of date-as-joy is to strengthen relationships if they've time for joy, or have them deteriorate if they're overworked and in different locations!

@Karasu-Tengu: Neat idea! I'm currently working on fixes for things like splinters, so entire colonies, if they're unhappy as part of your faction, can in extreme conditions break off. I do like the idea of sending pawns with social skills to take down settlements in a non-military way- I can think of how to do it, but the main problem is that I'm trying to avoid detours in Rumours so that it remains broadly compatible with other mods, and I feel that this would be pretty invasive to complete. I'll have a think about it, though!

darloth

Can happily report that it all seems to be working now after the hugslib update.  Thanks!

kebab4you