The late game is a real buzz kill/ chore

Started by mc858, November 06, 2016, 10:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc858

My fave part of the game is the beginning when im setting everything up....then it gets to be a real chore.

-psychic ship crash landed
-volcanic winter
-mental break berserk
-mental break drug binge
-social fight
-mental break alert x10
-disease- infection
-disease- infection
-disease- infection
-click on colonist- RIGHT CLICK REST UNTIL HEALED
**********BTW WHEN YOU TELL A COLONIST TO REST UNTIL HEALED- IT DOESNT WORK
-ZZZZZzzzzzzt power explosion
-mental break
-disease- plague
-disease- plague
-disease- plague
-disease- plague
-disease- plague
-disease- plague
-mental break
-severe illness alert
-severe illness alert
-severe illness alert
-Val died to an infection
-Your pet just got eaten by a wolf

Reading that is actually more fun than the endgame which is a constant barrage of this garbage. Geeez- come on dev

MoparGamer

Since you pointed out issues with infections.. The following might help you enjoy late-game gameplay more.

Similar Problem:
Quote from: Listy on November 05, 2016, 01:14:08 PM
So I have a great hospital, individual rooms, each with a bed vitals monitor and heater.  In fact hospital is the only place in my colony where you can watch TV, so the resistance to it as a joy activity is none.

When 13 odd of my colonists get slapped with plague, I mean sod I've got more than enough rooms all well appointed with no need to leave. So I go through the list of messages telling my colonists to all "rest until healed", you'd then expect them to stay in the bloody beds until cured of the plague, which won't take long with all the medical support. They don't even need joy as they have a non regular source of joy to experience.

But no, they decide to walk all over my base doing their normal things waiting to need their treatment instead of staying safe in the bloody beds and getting a faster immunity gain.

Yes I lost a third of them, which I shouldn't have lost as I had every single thing in place to mitigate the games attack, only the game decided screw you, you're going to loose people because you didn't play the whack-a-mole of telling each colonist to get back to the bloody bed.

Massive supply of meds+medical furniture+joy+restricting zones+bed rest priority 1= the colonist should survive, otherwise this event just turns into the game say screw you, you're going to loose 2-3 colonists because I feel like it.

That managed to get me to rage quit.

Solution:
Quote from: Mehni on November 05, 2016, 02:10:28 PM
I've seen this a few times. It's a side effect of their schedule. If they're set to sleep or anything, they'll stay in bed. If they're set to Work, they'll get up and work.

Work overrides the manual priorities you've set for them. As long as their schedule is set to Work, they won't rest. Here's a discussion about it on reddit.

So, to expand on what 14m1337 says, the lesson here is "Don't set the schedule of sick colonists to do work." Because it's bloody annoying.
Source: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27261.0

pfhorrest

mc858

Quote from: pfhorrest on November 08, 2016, 04:46:57 PM
Permadeath randy extreme!

i play on cassandra permadeath with the second highest difficulty

and thanks for the first reply - its too much of a hassle to re-order everyone schedule everytime they have a disease but it works for now i guess