[Mod Request] Haul it before you cook it!

Started by Crowbar Felt, June 11, 2016, 04:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crowbar Felt

As in the title, it is a request.  It bothers me slightly that cooks take five of something then leave the rest on the ground to rot after a while. If someone could mod or make a hotfix so cooks haul their food to the highest it can go then cook it later on that would be great.

Making priority 1 for hauling makes them haul everything before cooking. Bodies/Chunks/ect
And cooking priority 1 does what I want modded out.

If anyone actually makes something, that would be super awesome because this has urked me forever.
Someone's organ harvested.  x5

milon

You could try to solve that problem with a mod, but then it has to spend a bunch of CPU time examining every ingredient and deciding if things need to be hauled, cooked, etc.  It's a very expensive solution.  There's a better way.  :)

Unless you've got 4 or fewer colonists, your cook shouldn't really be doing the hauling.  With appropriate job priorities and stock pile configurations, you cook will just run tiny little loops in the freezer cooking up yumminess while your hauler(s) do the real leg work.  Much easier on the CPU and you.  :)

BlackSmokeDMax

One way to make this work better is to lower the radius of the cooking bill. Make the radius just barely contain the stockpile where you are storing your raw food.

Aristocat

Also make a critical stockpile zone right next to kitchen table, one for vegetable and one for meat.

Crowbar Felt

Critical is always my go-to and radius usually helps. But really, its more of the early game stuff. When you can't really spare a colonist just to only haul when everyone is mining/farming/ect. I think I saw a mod a while back for mass cooking and that could help me out some. Really, its just a early game nitpick. I can't get a good zone of having people haul to a freezer and actually cook.
Someone's organ harvested.  x5

joaonunes

Quote from: Crowbar Felt on June 12, 2016, 01:39:42 AM
Critical is always my go-to and radius usually helps. But really, its more of the early game stuff. When you can't really spare a colonist just to only haul when everyone is mining/farming/ect. I think I saw a mod a while back for mass cooking and that could help me out some. Really, its just a early game nitpick. I can't get a good zone of having people haul to a freezer and actually cook.

The Bulk Meals mod is great not only for that but because it can produce up to eight meals at once, which means that if you set it to cook meals up to a limit of 20 you might end up having 27 meals, having some kind of buffer like many people
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!