[A16] WM mods (New mods: SyncGrowth, Medivac) 2017.01.06

Started by Wishmaster, November 07, 2016, 06:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterpain

Does this allow meal selection for each individual prisoner like how you can select what type of medicine to use on each prisoner?

Wishmaster

No you can't... Not yet !

But if you don't want your prisoners to get the mood loss for awful meals then don't have a dispenser at all.

mabor0shi

when i 1st decided to try modding, my idea was to do exactly this, but with animals. So colonists wouldn't prioritize the best food for injured animals. Turned out to be harder than i expected. Can you do it?
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Wishmaster

Quote from: mabor0shi on November 07, 2016, 07:38:15 PM
when i 1st decided to try modding, my idea was to do exactly this, but with animals. So colonists wouldn't prioritize the best food for injured animals. Turned out to be harder than i expected. Can you do it?

It's a good idea. I'll try to do it for colonists feeding injured/incapacitated animals. I'm not sure I can make animals pick the best food themselves.

mabor0shi

ideally, we would be able to Disallow tamed animals from eating meals & growable plants or Restrict them to kibble only or raw food only. Then I could have animals haul crops and not having to adjust allowed areas so often would cut down micromanagement.
Maybe it'd be simpler to make an easily trainable ability (i.e. Obedience Lvl.2)  that removes meals, smokeleaf, psychoid, devilstrand (all the stuff no one willingly feeds animals in any situation) from their diet list.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

picatso

Thanks for the mod! It was really annoying me that prisoners were getting the good stuff even thought I was planning to take some of their parts for medical needs and then let them go if they live through the experience.

Seinne

Thank you so much for hearing my prayers! Installing now.

Wishmaster

Quote from: picatso on November 07, 2016, 08:27:19 PM
Thanks for the mod! It was really annoying me that prisoners were getting the good stuff even thought I was planning to take some of their parts for medical needs and then let them go if they live through the experience.

That's a lot to do..
I tried to apply restrictions to animals but I could do for now was to restrict to eat meals. They will still eat plants and won't have priority order (vegetarian = kibble).

Seinne

Where does 'prepared survival meals' fall in this order?

I would think they should be last because those are very good meals to be feeding to a prisoner early on, when you are still struggling to make simple meals.

Also, do the meals from mods like 'vegetable garden' get affected by your mod also? I haven't had time to play since you've released this..

Wishmaster

Quote from: Seinne on November 08, 2016, 08:16:42 AM
Where does 'prepared survival meals' fall in this order?

I would think they should be last because those are very good meals to be feeding to a prisoner early on, when you are still struggling to make simple meals.

Also, do the meals from mods like 'vegetable garden' get affected by your mod also? I haven't had time to play since you've released this..

packaged survival meals falls in fine meals since it is vanilla defined so.

Wishmaster

I updated the mod and rename it from "Awful meals to prisoners" to "Smarter food selection".

Changes:

-Now make tamed animals pick their food more carefully "no plants or liquors, will avoid meals". (see more above).
-Food selection for prisoners should now works fine.

DarkSlayerEX

Is this mod also compatible with the Silage animal feed item from Vegetable Garden?

Seinne

So far so good. I've seen prisoners get raw meat before raw veggies before, though. thought that was odd.

Also, is there a mechanism involved in getting raw foods that fill your belly up more over raw foods that don't?

Will have to watch for the tamed animal aspect to see if its working fine also.