[A16] WM mods (New mods: SyncGrowth, Medivac) 2017.01.06

Started by Wishmaster, November 07, 2016, 06:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Quote from: Wishmaster on December 03, 2016, 05:42:42 AM
It's not compatible with mods that adds new food, maybe unless they have vanilla properties to determine their mood effect (fine, simple, raw...).
I read that too late xD
I got spammed with:
Could not determine food preferability for Coffee

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Could not determine food preferability for Fruitdrink

Could not determine food preferability for Fruitdrink

Could not determine food preferability for Taffy

Could not determine food preferability for Taffy

Could not determine food preferability for AJO_SpectagoTea

Could not determine food preferability for CP_BottledWater

Could not determine food preferability for CP_BottledWater

Could not determine food preferability for coconutmilk

Could not determine food preferability for coconutmilk

This was with vegetable garden.
That mod has a problem with the preferability of the food it mades, sometimes paws carry around food that tastes bad having several kinds of other foods at their disposal.
Edit: Cupropanda's aditional joy object ads some food too (Spectago tea, Bottled Water).

Love

Hi, could we get an A16 update to Smarter food selection? I'd update it myself but you didn't release a source.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Love on December 19, 2016, 09:28:59 AM
Hi, could we get an A16 update to Smarter food selection? I'd update it myself but you didn't release a source.

I'm working on that already ! I made it compatible with A16 but it has some issues. I'll try to release it ASAP.

Wishmaster

Updated Smarter food selection for A16 !
I did nothing for A15 however, I like A16 too much :3 .

Changes:

• New: Updated to A16
  • New: Added in game UI mod options. (Thank you HugsLib). And removed the config file.

• Fix: Improved performances (again).
  • Fix: Fixed few bugs.

SilentSada

Is "No thoughts for hostile prisoners" compatible with A16?

Not currently adding in mods yet just wanting to make a list for myself. Love the idea of that mod as I am really into using prisoners for spare parts. lol

Wishmaster

Quote from: SilentSada on December 20, 2016, 04:11:36 PM

Not currently adding in mods yet just wanting to make a list for myself. Love the idea of that mod as I am really into using prisoners for spare parts. lol

I just tried the A15 version in A16 and no, it's not.
I'll try to upgrade it.

Edit: I just tried to upgrade it and it is harder than expected. I won't update it before a week.

Love

Wishmaster, you shouldn't distribute HugsLib with your mod. Much like CCL it's going to be receiving a lot of updates, and it's better to link people to HugsLib directly rather than including it.

14m1337

Quote from: Love on December 22, 2016, 01:56:04 PM
Wishmaster, you shouldn't distribute HugsLib with your mod. Much like CCL it's going to be receiving a lot of updates, and it's better to link people to HugsLib directly rather than including it.

or simply upload your mod at steam workshop
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Love on December 22, 2016, 01:56:04 PM

Fixed. Thank you.

Zakhad

Smarter food selection is causing massive fps lag when animals are unable to pathfind to a nearby source of food due to either being in a restricted area or locked in a room. When food is in the room the lag disappears, or if they fall asleep.

Wishmaster

Quote from: SilentSada on December 20, 2016, 04:11:36 PM

There is a "guilty" tag for prisoners. I don't really know how to make a mod would balance this now.

Quote from: Zakhad on December 23, 2016, 10:10:18 PM
Smarter food selection is causing massive fps lag when animals are unable to pathfind to a nearby source of food due to either being in a restricted area or locked in a room. When food is in the room the lag disappears, or if they fall asleep.

Can I have your save game please ?

Zakhad

I don't have that specific save anymore. I have the mod on my setup but its disabled. But I am able to reproduce it with my current save (From a new restarted game), by simply enabling it and putting animals in an enclosed room inside my mountain base with no access to food it repeats exactly the same with crippling repeating failed path finding lag. It's not specifically anything I'm doing but it could be what mod's I have that might play afoul of it. At first I thought it was a conflict with better path finding but it doesn't matter whether better path finding is enabled or not. Only when smarter food selection is enabled, as far as I know only better path finding and smarter food selection are the only 2 mods that  that I have that modifies path finding algorithms, (I'm not sure if combat realism does) I am assuming the only reason you'd want my save is for my mod list? Otherwise you'd need each mod I that I use to be able to reproduce my environment.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Love

Zakhad

Quote from: Love on December 26, 2016, 08:32:49 AM
Just upload the save, please. He wants it for testing.

Forgive me for asking but what use is a save if you can't load it? (I mean sure you could load it but then you're not emulating the same environment so the whole point of it is moot. As far as I know the game doesn't record errors into the savefile it's why we have output_logs, and speaking of which here is the output_log with the save game.

It did say one interesting thing; "Could not determine food preferability for Mechanoid_Scyther_Corpse, Ignoring thisThingDef... Are you using an unsupported food mod ?" The only mod I know of that I have which changes scythers is combat realism, perhaps it wasn't defined as null food type or some such?

The output log's only really useful for the last few entry's as its 99% of the game running without the mod

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj7ml38x7hza916/output_log.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jne1fl0yvn0vz2/Savegame%20with%20mod%20enabled.rws?dl=0

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Love

Quote from: Zakhad on December 26, 2016, 09:15:43 AMForgive me for asking but what use is a save if you can't load it?
It is not hard to generate the same environment, within every save is a list of all the mods you are using in the exact order you are using them, and one need only download those mods and use the same order.

But in many cases, actually loading the save isn't even required, but merely looking inside of it. You might not know this but .rws files are actually plain-text. They store a LOT of data but if you know what you are looking for you can debug things rather efficiently.

If a mod author asks you for a bugged save, always provide. It helps more than you know.