[A16] WM mods (New mods: SyncGrowth, Medivac) 2017.01.06

Started by Wishmaster, November 07, 2016, 06:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golgepapaz

Well this wasn't supposed to happen... I'll have a look a this.
[/quote]

yup, grass is not edible for my animals.

golgepapaz

chickens don't eat grass when the mod is enabled , they do eat when the mod is disabled.

Mods are ;
EPOE,prepare carefully,crafting hysteresis,defensive positions,colony manager, more vamilla turrets, map reroll, quality builder, efficient light,animals tab, smarter food selection

in that order

Wishmaster

Quote from: golgepapaz on November 21, 2016, 02:22:05 PM
chickens don't eat grass when the mod is enabled , they do eat when the mod is disabled.

Mods are ;
EPOE,prepare carefully,crafting hysteresis,defensive positions,colony manager, more vamilla turrets, map reroll, quality builder, efficient light,animals tab, smarter food selection

in that order

Oh I misunderstood what you said.
As said, with this mod, animals will never eat plants... This was made to protect your crops but I forgot about grass.
I'm preparing a new release and grass will be the first priority.

hiepbg

Hello,

Can you remove awfull raw meals from prisoners's selection ?

It make my prisoner berserk.

Wishmaster

Quote from: hiepbg on November 22, 2016, 08:21:15 AM
Hello,

Do you mean awful meals (paste) or raw food ?
Raw food comes right after simple meals but I will change that make them come right after fine meals.

poolday

I love this mod, I think of it as an improvement to the base game, so to give some feedback I've found a bug where tamed animals will no longer feed on wild grass and so they will starve (as Wishmaster stated in a previous post).

Perhaps this is fixable?

Thank you for working on this, to you and to all this beautiful community.

lance789

Wishmaster

Quote from: poolday on November 22, 2016, 11:35:40 AM
I love this mod, I think of it as an improvement to the base game, so to give some feedback I've found a bug where tamed animals will no longer feed on wild grass and so they will starve (as Wishmaster stated in a previous post).

Perhaps this is fixable?

Thank you. I'm already aware of that issue and this will be fixed in the next release.

Quote from: lance789 on November 22, 2016, 12:49:00 PM
FINALLY this mod exists :D

Thanks for your encouragement.

hiepbg

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 22, 2016, 10:29:28 AM
Quote from: hiepbg on November 22, 2016, 08:21:15 AM
Hello,

Do you mean awful meals (paste) or raw food ?
Raw food comes right after simple meals but I will change that make them come right after fine meals.

Awful raw food :D

PaoLorenz

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 22, 2016, 01:54:35 PM
Quote from: poolday on November 22, 2016, 11:35:40 AM

Perhaps this is fixable?

Thank you. I'm already aware of that issue and this will be fixed in the next release.

I add some data to this known bug, in case you need it.
I have a secluded area for my animals, with growing zones sown with grass, haygrass and dandelions, plus the usual wild grass, bushes and plants, and both the cow and the mamuffalo don't eat any of the above.
It's not only with grass.
Furthermore, they seem to disregard all growing zones, even when I let them roam free in the colony. They just go for the stored meals (the cow eating a cheeseburger is my favourite ever, anyway !!!).

Any test you need me to carry out, just tell me !
:)

Wishmaster

Quote from: PaoLorenz on November 23, 2016, 02:57:31 AM
Quote from: Wishmaster on November 22, 2016, 01:54:35 PM

I have a secluded area for my animals, with growing zones sown with grass, haygrass and dandelions, plus the usual wild grass, bushes and plants, and both the cow and the mamuffalo don't eat any of the above.
Furthermore, they seem to disregard all growing zones, even when I let them roam free in the colony. They just go for the stored meals (the cow eating a cheeseburger is my favourite ever, anyway !!!).

Tamed animals cows and mamuffalo ( :p ) are made wise and won't eat any crops, even haygrass. They should however eat harvested hay as top propriety. AFAIK harvested hay is more nutrition efficient than its crop.
As said above, I will add wild grass to their wise diet.

For the current version I don't need further testing but for the upcoming one, I probably will !

Wishmaster

Well you can try it from now after all. This is an experimental version... so be warned.

http://bit.ly/2fRrc3F

New: Trade caravans / Visitors pets (if ever they have any) will now behave like colony's pets and pick their food wisely.
New: Taming colonists will now pick the best food for taming (Hay > Kibble > ....) .
New: IF ENABLED, wardens will feed prisoners you are trying to recruit with the best food.
New: EXPERIMENTAL. IF ENABLED, colonists to tame and train animals with corpses and humanlike corpses.
New: Added configuration file.

Fix: Food selection for animals works better.
Fix: Grass is now part of pets diet.
Fix: Pets and warden now care about the distance. They won't cross the entire map to get an awful instead of a simple meal.
Fix: Fine meals now comes before raw food for prisoners. Fine meals are more cost-efficient.
Fix: Reworked the entire code...

golgepapaz

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 23, 2016, 11:05:28 AM
Well you can try it from now after all. This is an experimental version... so be warned.

http://bit.ly/2fRrc3F

New: Trade caravans / Visitors pets (if ever they have any) will now behave like colony's pets and pick their food wisely.
New: Taming colonists will now pick the best food for taming (Hay > Kibble > ....) .
New: IF ENABLED, wardens will feed prisoners you are trying to recruit with the best food.
New: EXPERIMENTAL. IF ENABLED, colonists to tame and train animals with corpses and humanlike corpses.
New: Added configuration file.

Fix: Food selection for animals works better.
Fix: Grass is now part of pets diet.
Fix: Pets and warden now care about the distance. They won't cross the entire map to get an awful instead of a simple meal.
Fix: Fine meals now comes before raw food for prisoners. Fine meals are more cost-efficient.
Fix: Reworked the entire code...
Nice....

There is an error entry in debug log though which was in the previous version also.
"Could not determine food preferability for EggChickenFertilized" in function determineFoodPrefLevel(Thing)
it intermittently shows up when I have some egg laying around

PaoLorenz

Quote from: PaoLorenz on November 23, 2016, 02:57:31 AM

Tamed animals cows and mamuffalo ( :p ) are made wise and won't eat any crops, even haygrass. They should however eat harvested hay as top propriety. AFAIK harvested hay is more nutrition efficient than its crop.
As said above, I will add wild grass to their wise diet.

For the current version I don't need further testing but for the upcoming one, I probably will !

Can see your point.
If you think it's worth the effort (and if it can be done) consider to alter priority and behaviour in case of starvation.
I mean, they have no way to feed in their current environment (take my scenario above), the choices are starve or misbehave and eat what is available, including crops in the allowed area.
I'd go for eating whatever I have there, no brainer.

They ignore it unless they really are at the very edge of starvation. Survival instinct, you may call it.
Outside their allowed area, they go with the usual behaviour !