[A16] WM mods (New mods: SyncGrowth, Medivac) 2017.01.06

Started by Wishmaster, November 07, 2016, 06:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishmaster

The log still gives useful information ! I know where it happens in the program but not why !

I could reproduce the error but I may have found the issue. Do you use non vanilla beds without quality property ?
Anyway please have a try at this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq1wkwxsdp2uzg0/WM-Medivac-1.0a-hotfixattempt.zip?dl=0

BlackGyver

I use two mods that add beds; RIMkea and sd_goodnight, but both have qualities on their beds. I also use QualityBuilder in conjunction, which might mess with bed quality. Thanks for the file, I'll wait until the error happens again and use it then, see if it makes a difference!

ethanwdp

I've discovered a problem when carnivore pets, such as panthers, hunt their own food.

They pick something their size such as a boar or a turtle and get wounded while killing it, and end up spending several hours resting. This results in either wasted medicine or an animal covered in scars. Would it be possible to have them hunt smaller prey?

Wishmaster

I didn't think of such a feature. They will hunt the same thing they would hunt in vanilla when they can't find food.
All you can do for now is to disable the hunting option as top priority in mod settings.

I'm not playing RimWorld anymore so the mod won't be updated for at least a while.
Yet I would be glad for a modder to continue the project...

awesowe

Heyo, got a bunch of mods installed along with this one and it doesn't seem to work for my pets at all (dogs would rather starve, than hunt a hare). Not sure what can it conflict with, could it be Hospitality (I don't really run any other mods that fiddle with pawns' behavior, not to my knowledge anyway)? On a side note - animals (wild predators to be exact) been acting weird, attacking guests (and only guests) as soon as they arrive to my camp (hence why I suspect Hospitality). I'll figure out soon enough what causes it by simply eliminating mods one by one, but there might be other people with the same issue, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask first.

Wishmaster

I've never tested the mod with Hospitality in A16.
I know it had minor issues with this mod in A15 because it was doing something quite unexpected with game's data. (Recruited prisoners will still get prisoner's food instead of colonist's food...).

Wild animals are completely ignored by Smarter Food Selection and they should exactly act like they do in vanilla, all the time.

Anyway thank you for reporting this. I strongly suspect Hospitality too. I've posted in Hospitality.

MrWeeGee

Hey there, love how your Smarter Food mod allows animals to hunt for their own food, it brings in a lot for the colony. Just wanted to leave a suggestion here though, should you continue work on the mod. It'd save a lot of hassle if there were a way to prevent animals marked for taming from being hunted.

Started driving me nuts recently when a manhunter pack of elephants not native to the region showed up, and I wanted to rescue a couple for taming. They got prioritized since they were really weak, but even once healed they still got targeted occasionally. Luckily, they stick to a small area so I was simply able to restrict my animals from going there while keeping the option enabled.

Regardless, great mod, and thanks for your work.

Wishmaster

Quote from: MrWeeGee on January 24, 2017, 01:08:39 AM
Hey there, love how your Smarter Food mod allows animals to hunt for their own food, it brings in a lot for the colony. Just wanted to leave a suggestion here though, should you continue work on the mod. It'd save a lot of hassle if there were a way to prevent animals marked for taming from being hunted.

Started driving me nuts recently when a manhunter pack of elephants not native to the region showed up, and I wanted to rescue a couple for taming. They got prioritized since they were really weak, but even once healed they still got targeted occasionally. Luckily, they stick to a small area so I was simply able to restrict my animals from going there while keeping the option enabled.

Regardless, great mod, and thanks for your work.

That's a nice feature to add and it would be really easy to implement ! Too bad I never think about it.

Thank you very much for your support.

danielee

FreyaMaluk

What is actually the Smarter Food's compatibility problem with Hospitality?

Canute

Flimflamshabam

is there any reason animals will willingly starve to death when I'm planting dandelion fields exclusively so they can munch on those instead of hay or my actual crops in the spring/summer? I lack vegetable garden, or any other mod that allows me to plant grass specifically.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Canute on January 27, 2017, 10:14:15 AM
Should be, i don't have problems at last.

Good to know.

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on January 28, 2017, 02:15:48 AM
is there any reason animals will willingly starve to death when I'm planting dandelion fields exclusively so they can munch on those instead of hay or my actual crops in the spring/summer? I lack vegetable garden, or any other mod that allows me to plant grass specifically.

QuotePets will NEVER drink beers, eat crops or fertilized eggs.

I don't get it. why would you feed than with dandelions instead of hay ?
This was made to protect crops. Drives me mad when your mufallos eat your heal root.

Flimflamshabam

Quote from: Wishmaster on January 28, 2017, 04:13:53 AM
Quote from: Flimflamshabam on January 28, 2017, 02:15:48 AM

QuotePets will NEVER drink beers, eat crops or fertilized eggs.

I don't get it. why would you feed than with dandelions instead of hay ?
This was made to protect crops. Drives me mad when your mufallos eat your heal root.

But dandelions have no functional use besides as grazing food for livestock. that's literally why I plant it.

Elysium

An error about smarter food selection keeps popping up in my game, might be a compatibility issue, I'm not sure.  Figured I'd post anyway in case it helps.  Only seems to happen when there are caravans visiting.

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WM.SmarterFoodSelection.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMapEx (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, FoodPreferability maxPref, Boolean allowPlant, Boolean allowDrug, Boolean allowCorpse, Boolean allowDispenserFull, Boolean allowDispenserEmpty, Boolean allowForbidden, Boolean isAnimalInteraction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WM.SmarterFoodSelection.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, FoodPreferability maxPref, Boolean allowPlant, Boolean allowDrug, Boolean allowCorpse, Boolean allowDispenserFull, Boolean allowDispenserEmpty, Boolean allowForbidden) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WM.SmarterFoodSelection.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, Verse.Thing& foodSource, Verse.ThingDef& foodDef, Boolean canRefillDispenser, Boolean canUseInventory, Boolean allowForbidden, Boolean allowCorpse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

http://pastebin.com/4SmXwvRf