[A16] WM mods (New mods: SyncGrowth, Medivac) 2017.01.06

Started by Wishmaster, November 07, 2016, 06:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishmaster

Quote from: Elysium on January 28, 2017, 03:14:09 PM
An error about smarter food selection keeps popping up in my game, might be a compatibility issue, I'm not sure.  Figured I'd post anyway in case it helps.  Only seems to happen when there are caravans visiting.

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WM.SmarterFoodSelection.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMapEx (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, FoodPreferability maxPref, Boolean allowPlant, Boolean allowDrug, Boolean allowCorpse, Boolean allowDispenserFull, Boolean allowDispenserEmpty, Boolean allowForbidden, Boolean isAnimalInteraction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WM.SmarterFoodSelection.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, FoodPreferability maxPref, Boolean allowPlant, Boolean allowDrug, Boolean allowCorpse, Boolean allowDispenserFull, Boolean allowDispenserEmpty, Boolean allowForbidden) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WM.SmarterFoodSelection.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor (Verse.Pawn getter, Verse.Pawn eater, Boolean desperate, Verse.Thing& foodSource, Verse.ThingDef& foodDef, Boolean canRefillDispenser, Boolean canUseInventory, Boolean allowForbidden, Boolean allowCorpse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_GetFood.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

http://pastebin.com/4SmXwvRf

Just download the mod again. (it will probably never be on steam :( )

I fixed this issue few weeks ago but only yesterday I realized that one of the link was not updated...

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on January 28, 2017, 11:45:54 AM
Quote from: Wishmaster on January 28, 2017, 04:13:53 AM
Quote from: Flimflamshabam on January 28, 2017, 02:15:48 AM
is there any reason animals will willingly starve to death when I'm planting dandelion fields exclusively so they can munch on those instead of hay or my actual crops in the spring/summer? I lack vegetable garden, or any other mod that allows me to plant grass specifically.

QuotePets will NEVER drink beers, eat crops or fertilized eggs.

I don't get it. why would you feed than with dandelions instead of hay ?
This was made to protect crops. Drives me mad when your mufallos eat your heal root.

But dandelions have no functional use besides as grazing food for livestock. that's literally why I plant it.

Well honestly I had no idea, I never did that.
Atm I'm not working on the mod anymore but that could be an option.

xion1088

Nice mods and thanks, i would like to ask something, i got a labrador retriever, what kind of food will he go for if i don't have kribble? Will they go for simple meals first?

Wishmaster

This is in the mod description.

I think the diet is the same as husky which is.

Humanlike corpse > Kibble > Human raw meat > Insect raw meat > Corpses > Insect corpses > Nutrient paste > Simple meal > Raw food bad > Raw food tasty* > Fine meal > Lavish meal

In other words, after kibble they will fetch quite everything your colonists don't want to eat. Except simple meals because they are more cost efficient than raw food.

xion1088

Oh nice! i asked because i thought retrievers would have a different diet than huskies. Is there any way you could make the meals given to prisoners an option like the medical treatment options?

Wishmaster

Quote from: xion1088 on January 29, 2017, 07:06:43 PM
Oh nice! i asked because i thought retrievers would have a different diet than huskies. Is there any way you could make the meals given to prisoners an option like the medical treatment options?

I've tried to but gave up ! I'm really not into UI designing.

You can still somehow control prisoners meals with the "privileged prisoners" option.
Or not having simple meals if you want to feed them with fine or lavish meals instead.

Elysium

After I updated to 1.1c I noticed my animals had different behavior. My labradors seem to be eating raw meat instead of kibble or human corpses. Specifically thrumbo meat, but I have not been able to see if they are eating other types of meat.  In the previous version their behavior was more along the lines of what you described above.  I checked the foodprefs for thrumbo meat and it is RawBad so I don't understand why this is happening.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Elysium on January 30, 2017, 02:37:26 PM
After I updated to 1.1c I noticed my animals had different behavior. My labradors seem to be eating raw meat instead of kibble or human corpses. Specifically thrumbo meat, but I have not been able to see if they are eating other types of meat.  In the previous version their behavior was more along the lines of what you described above.  I checked the foodprefs for thrumbo meat and it is RawBad so I don't understand why this is happening.

This is not supposed to happen.
Does this happens with huskies ? animals with a smaller food bar than labradors ?

I suspect the feature affects food score depending on the current hunger of pets. If pets are not hungry enough to eat a simple meals, each wasted nutrition point will reduce the food score (800 by 1.0 wasted nutrition).
Hence the different behavior between animals.

For example yorshire and cats will always have a very low score on simple meals and will prefer raw meat, while husky s are more likely

This affects smaller animals (with a small food bar like labradors). But I can't really explain what is happening. This is my only suspect :/ .

It would be great if you can take a screenshot while displaying the Food search score me what food score your labradors and other pets.

In order to display it, activate the development mode. On the top bar, new buttons appear. It must be something like the 2th or 3rd button from the left.
It should open window with a lot of options. Use the search bar to find "Draw food search from mouse" and check the option.
Then select the concerned pawns.

To be honest I don't want to test it myself anymore. I've been overdosing RimWorld way too much.

StormProxy

Very Nice mod with the whole Meal fix. i was sick of my people eating Raw food even though there is actual food avalible

Elysium

Quote from: Wishmaster on January 30, 2017, 03:19:36 PM
It would be great if you can take a screenshot while displaying the Food search score me what food score your labradors and other pets.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Ergo_Proxy-23 on January 31, 2017, 02:44:17 AM
Very Nice mod with the whole Meal fix. i was sick of my people eating Raw food even though there is actual food avalible

Thank you for your support.

@Elysium

That's weird. It seems like the labrador just acts like a non restricted pawn, just behaving like vanilla.
Package meals should be far bellow human corpses for example.
Do you have similar scores with other pets ? Did you disable the control for pets in mod settings ?

Update:
I need the see the "food search from mouse" for other dogs and other animals if you have.

Update 2:
Maybe this is because you didn't have any kibble in a storage zone. Please try to uncheck the "Extended food score".

Elysium

Quote from: Wishmaster on January 31, 2017, 09:01:20 AM
Do you have similar scores with other pets ? Did you disable the control for pets in mod settings ?

I just checked, it says it is enabled.

Edit: The behavior is very odd, sometimes my animals decide to walk past food to eat corpses, sometimes they just eat whatever seems to be near them, and there doesn't seem to be any logical reason why.  I was out of kibble at this time, but only one of my dogs had a preference for the corpse, the rest were just preferring whatever was closest.  Now that I have kibble they seem to all want to eat kibble, but I know I've seen them eat raw food when kibble is available.  It doesn't make any sense :/

I'll continue to monitor it further.  I really like the mod by the way, the intended behavior really should be part of vanilla.

Update: Tried rolling back to 1.1b, definitely fixed the issue.

FreyaMaluk

I'm getting an error that can possibly break the game according to HugsLib with the mod Reuse Pods

[HugsLib] Dangerous detour detected! TravelingTransportPods.SpawnDropPodsInMap to TravelingTransportPods.SpawnDropPodsInMap (assembly: WM Landing pads). Reason: Destination type contains non-static fields. This can have unpredictable and game-breaking side effects.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Warning(String, Object[])
HugsLib.Source.Detour.DetourProvider:TryIndepentDetour(MethodInfo, MethodInfo)
HugsLib.Source.Detour.DetourProvider:TryCompatibleDetour(MethodInfo, MethodInfo)
HugsLib.Source.Detour.DetourProvider:CompatibleDetourWithExceptions(MethodInfo, MethodInfo)
HugsLib.Source.Detour.Helpers:DetourMethodByAttribute(MemberInfo, Attribute)
HugsLib.Source.Attrib.AttributeDetector:CallHandlersForAttributes(List`1, Dictionary`2)
HugsLib.Source.Attrib.AttributeDetector:ProcessNewTypes()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:Initalize()
HugsLib.Core.UnityProxyComponent:Start()

sirgzu

Hi, I love the food selection mod, it makes hungry pawns appear sane again 90% of the time.

There are always going to be a few edge cases that might need special tweaking. I don't know if the hard-coded logic can cover all scenarios but I have a feeling it might if there was at least some simple customisation options.

Here is an example scenario:
you're low on either meat/vegetables => you'd rather have only the starved carnivorous/herivorous deplete the kibble rather than all animals.

Something as simple as an editor to manage diets would work. A diet is simply an ordered lists of food items. Pawns can then be assigned a particular diet.

BlackGyver

I second sirgzu's suggestion, a customizable food score would also ensure compatibility with other food mods (eg. vegetable garden) if it draws from a general consumables list.

Wishmaster

Quote from: FreyaMaluk on February 02, 2017, 12:31:52 AM
I'm getting an error that can possibly break the game according to HugsLib with the mod Reuse Pods

[HugsLib] Dangerous detour detected! TravelingTransportPods.SpawnDropPodsInMap to TravelingTransportPods.SpawnDropPodsInMap (assembly: WM Landing pads). Reason: Destination type contains non-static fields. This can have unpredictable and game-breaking side effects.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Warning(String, Object[])
HugsLib.Source.Detour.DetourProvider:TryIndepentDetour(MethodInfo, MethodInfo)
HugsLib.Source.Detour.DetourProvider:TryCompatibleDetour(MethodInfo, MethodInfo)
HugsLib.Source.Detour.DetourProvider:CompatibleDetourWithExceptions(MethodInfo, MethodInfo)
HugsLib.Source.Detour.Helpers:DetourMethodByAttribute(MemberInfo, Attribute)
HugsLib.Source.Attrib.AttributeDetector:CallHandlersForAttributes(List`1, Dictionary`2)
HugsLib.Source.Attrib.AttributeDetector:ProcessNewTypes()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:Initalize()
HugsLib.Core.UnityProxyComponent:Start()

As said in the description, it's actually harmless AFAIK. I couldn't suppress the message nor figure out why it shows up.

Quote from: sirgzu on February 02, 2017, 04:23:46 AM
Hi, I love the food selection mod, it makes hungry pawns appear sane again 90% of the time.

There are always going to be a few edge cases that might need special tweaking. I don't know if the hard-coded logic can cover all scenarios but I have a feeling it might if there was at least some simple customisation options.

Here is an example scenario:
you're low on either meat/vegetables => you'd rather have only the starved carnivorous/herivorous deplete the kibble rather than all animals.

Something as simple as an editor to manage diets would work. A diet is simply an ordered lists of food items. Pawns can then be assigned a particular diet.

I once tried to do something like that where pawns had a food priority score that depends on a lot of factors, including their hunger, if they are injured, their malnutrition level, whether they are animals of colonists...
The system applies if you are low on food.

But I gave up doing this for some I reasons. I don't really remember why lol.

Quote from: BlackGyver on February 02, 2017, 04:43:52 AM
I second sirgzu's suggestion, a customizable food score would also ensure compatibility with other food mods (eg. vegetable garden) if it draws from a general consumables list.

I don't really understand your point. What is the connection between (priority) food score and compatibility ?
The latest version I made allows a total compatibility with VG and maybe with any other food mods.