Thrumbos?

Started by Pink Omega, November 08, 2016, 01:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Omega

so...i have been asking this myself lately while playing rimworld - and i'm surprised that no one asked yet where the thrumbos came from. are them the only alien species on the game? maybe wild aliens? I don't know - and yes - i have read the lore, but the description in the game says this: '' Legends say that an old thrumbo is the wisest creature in the universe - it simply chooses not to speak." Perhaps this is an reference to transcendents worlds? Are Thrumbos actually made from transcendent worlds to make them wild, or as the lore says, ''  In a very literal way, the goals and thoughts of the transcendents are unknowable ''. Maybe them managed how to '' escape '' from the transcendent worlds and become actually '' wild ''?

*Sorry for the bad english, not my native language
*I actually might be super fascinated with the Rimworld lore - or alien species.

So, any theories?

<=To Be Continued/\/

pfhorrest

Nah it's four lumberjacks in a horse costume.

Lys

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 08, 2016, 01:39:05 PMare them the only alien species on the game? maybe wild aliens?
Ummh, no. Boomrats. Boomalopes. Wargs. All the insectoids. (Partially Alphabeavers)

Pink Omega

Quote from: Lys on November 08, 2016, 04:50:22 PM
Quote from: Pink Omega on November 08, 2016, 01:39:05 PMare them the only alien species on the game? maybe wild aliens?
Ummh, no. Boomrats. Boomalopes. Wargs. All the insectoids. (Partially Alphabeavers)
Actually Boomrats, boomalopes, wargs, and all insectoids are actually bioengineered by humans, if you read their descriptions. And I was talking about '' true '' aliens, original species untouched by humans.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Spectre

Yeah I guess they are true aliens. Like you said everything else has been made by humans, so Thrumbos must be alien.

As for being the wisest thing in the universe... I'm not convinced. They are clearly animals and have no technology. Sure apparently they can apparently speak, but we never actually see them do it. I personally think the whole 'wisest creature in the universe' is actually just a story that's been passed on, kind of like how we tell stories of 'elephants never forgetting'. I think they're just incredibly rare animals that have some sort of reverence type status with tribes.

A case could be said that they are indeed not even alien, and they have also been genetically engineered at some point.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Pink Omega

Quote from: Spectre on November 08, 2016, 05:45:53 PM
Yeah I guess they are true aliens. Like you said everything else has been made by humans, so Thrumbos must be alien.

As for being the wisest thing in the universe... I'm not convinced. They are clearly animals and have no technology. Sure apparently they can apparently speak, but we never actually see them do it. I personally think the whole 'wisest creature in the universe' is actually just a story that's been passed on, kind of like how we tell stories of 'elephants never forgetting'. I think they're just incredibly rare animals that have some sort of reverence type status with tribes.

A case could be said that they are indeed not even alien, and they have also been genetically engineered at some point.
Yep. I also believe it's just a story like you said, I was thinking about that, but it would be REALLY cool if they were actually from transcedent worlds.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Spectre

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 08, 2016, 05:53:01 PM
Quote from: Spectre on November 08, 2016, 05:45:53 PM

Yep. I also believe it's just a story like you said, I was thinking about that, but it would be REALLY cool if they were actually from transcedent worlds.

Or maybe they're from Glitterworlds? Just because it's man made doesn't really mean it's not alien. If humanity has spread so far that there are tribes to glitterworlds I imagine humans froms tribes are incredibly different to Glitterworld populations.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Canute

QuoteAs for being the wisest thing in the universe... I'm not convinced. They are clearly animals and have no technology. Sure apparently they can apparently speak, but we never actually see them do it. I personally think the whole 'wisest creature in the universe' is actually just a story that's been passed on, kind of like how we tell stories of 'elephants never forgetting'. I think they're just incredibly rare animals that have some sort of reverence type status with tribes.
That they have no technology or don't speak anymore don't mean they allways was be dump animals.

Thrumbos are the remains parts of a transcedent race they got their primetime around 200.000 years ago.
If they are the pysical remains of the transcedents or just a part of the original race which didn't made the evolution jump and degenerate to simple animals, noone knows.
In many legends of other races, thrumbos appear at conflict situations try to spend peace. They use their enormous psi-power to communicate, defend themself and even travel from planet to planet.

skullywag

Its a giraffe crossed with a termite.....:P
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Pink Omega

Quote from: Canute on November 09, 2016, 02:39:29 AM
QuoteAs for being the wisest thing in the universe... I'm not convinced. They are clearly animals and have no technology. Sure apparently they can apparently speak, but we never actually see them do it. I personally think the whole 'wisest creature in the universe' is actually just a story that's been passed on, kind of like how we tell stories of 'elephants never forgetting'. I think they're just incredibly rare animals that have some sort of reverence type status with tribes.
That they have no technology or don't speak anymore don't mean they allways was be dump animals.

Thrumbos are the remains parts of a transcedent race they got their primetime around 200.000 years ago.
If they are the pysical remains of the transcedents or just a part of the original race which didn't made the evolution jump and degenerate to simple animals, noone knows.
In many legends of other races, thrumbos appear at conflict situations try to spend peace. They use their enormous psi-power to communicate, defend themself and even travel from planet to planet.
Yep. I'm also interested in knowing their evolution, who knows if they were originally an powerful and sapient race?

<=To Be Continued/\/

Pink Omega

Quote from: skullywag on November 09, 2016, 04:25:49 AM
I laughed hard on this one.

<=To Be Continued/\/

MarcTheMerc

Quote from: skullywag on November 09, 2016, 04:25:49 AM
Yes someone else who says they are giraffes... albeit in fur coats.

"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs