More logical population control

Started by Facepunch, November 09, 2016, 08:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facepunch

This is one for the storytellers, I'll keep it short and sweet.
Currently, as far as I know, one way storytellers limit your population by controlling the income of prisoners through pain death. I really don't like that at all, really bugs me that in a game with such a great, detailed medical system, people die from pain. Now, I could be totally mistaken about the intention of that feature, but if I'm not, I suggest that rather than killing potential prisoners because they got a booboo, just make recruiting them more likely to fail.

JimmyAgnt007

I always set my pop limits to 99 in the story teller defs.  That being said, if you dont want to recruit people, dont capture them.  Useless prisoners that keep failing to join are just a drain.  Not sure how much the 'pain death' actually does to limit this but changing it isnt a solution.  Either you want more people or you dont.

Now if you dont want people because they are injured, well, thats a limit of the medical system for now.  Mods can fix that until Tynan tinkers with it.

Facepunch

I mostly capture prisoners for organs/silver. However, about half of people who die, do so because the pain reached extreme another 3 eigths to injuries leaving an eighth that survive going down. Optimistically.

mumblemumble

Considering you need x amount of pain to incap, making pain for death also x means all incaps are death.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.