How do you survive with only 2 skills on reaserch 6 colonists

Started by jmababa, November 11, 2016, 06:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmababa

Man 3 days already not yet done with stonecuting reaserch and we are a colony. 6 colonist 3 cannot research 2 have only 1 research 1 has 2 on reaserch

Andy_Dandy

Lol, you can survive alot longer then 3 days without stonecutting, even on Ice Sheet. In my current game I start with a tribe, but just 2 persons, on ice sheet. I start with electricity Tech (Wind mills) and a little bit of extra Food, Cassandra Extreme. Research takes a while, still no stonecutting the first 15 days. Still doing good so far.

It's very important to get some basic defences up, and With no turrets it means I need walls and traps. So I'm deconstucting most of the ruin walls around the map to use as materials for my upstart minimal walls (Wood and steel too precious). But soon I'll have stonecutting hopefully.

Canute

Build 3 research benches and let all 3 perma research, while the other 3 hunt,growth and cook :-)

Did you want play a hardcore game, or why you didn't use the random button to create a few pawns with useful skills ?
Then try it again, maybe next time you get 3 assasines which only can fight :-)

jmababa

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on November 11, 2016, 09:03:18 AM
Lol, you can survive alot longer then 3 days without stonecutting, even on Ice Sheet. In my current game I start with a tribe, but just 2 persons, on ice sheet. I start with electricity Tech (Wind mills) and a little bit of extra Food, Cassandra Extreme. Research takes a while, still no stonecutting the first 15 days. Still doing good so far.

It's very important to get some basic defences up, and With no turrets it means I need walls and traps. So I'm deconstucting most of the ruin walls around the map to use as materials for my upstart minimal walls (Wood and steel too precious). But soon I'll have stonecutting hopefully.

Have too much balista x33 in my scenario seed haha no need defense anymore its already came with my colonists on the pods

makkenhoff

What I use typically is concrete floors with steel traps and steel (barrier) walls; if you do have a gun, maybe 2 or 3 sandbags spots to shoot from. NPC's should take the easiest path, over the concrete. The only "stone" walls I end up using anymore are just the ones I disassemble. I rarely even get the opportunity to get into research, because for some reason, with A15, I can't seem to keep my colony going much past the first (year 2) spring.