[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devon_v

Quote from: minakurafto on January 16, 2017, 12:11:46 AM
i noticed spear is more powerful than longsword in CR, is it inteded or not? compared to vanilla
spear vanilla : damage=15 cooldown=2.3 materialcost=90
CR : damage=18 cooldown=1.15 materialcost=90 penetration=27.5%
longsword vanilla : damage=17 cooldown=2.5 materialcost=120
CR : damage=16 cooldown=1.25 materialcost=120 penetration=22.5%

cooldown is halved in CR, penetration wise spear is better , but the damage while sword get lowered by 1 , spear increased 3 point instead.
---
it would be cool if ammo base have explosive comp so all ammo will explode on destroyed like vanilla mortar shell

---
is it possible to ignore food in loadout ? so pawn without meal in loadout not loop drop and pickup meal
or make an allow rule something like, dont drop "A" but never pick up "A", it can minimize micro in loadout for example
in times where weapon still un-uniform, if you want to use loadout with some variation because lack of weapon, you must make a lot of loadout like bow+spear, bow+knife, etc.
but if we can tell pawn to ignore something we can just make 1 bow loadout with allow rule spear and knife, it only take 1 loadout to have pawn with bow and other weapon.
The spear should be bulkier and heavier. It's not pure DPS any more.

skyarkhangel

Update to 1.6.9.5
Calculate ammo needs by bulk size.
Traders ignore TakeEquip job for supressing error.
Add check for Tame job.
Colonist won't use "raider" type ammo finder.
Fix issue with handling and berries.

minakurafto

i feel (most of the time) sandbags doesnt give protection, and embassure make enemy ignore defender behind embassure? but the mod still good as it is

Draxis

I'm enjoying this immensely, really makes for more emergent gameplay. Has anyone tried a nomadic play through with CR? I want to give it a go, but I am afraid of running out of ammo or being limited to bows and arrows.

I guess I would need to rush machining so I can produce ammo, but was curious to see if you could do a play-through without setting up a manufacturing base and either trading or raiding for supplies.

evan25

Can i run this mod with EPOE and High Caliber ( ammo of course ) ?

sirgzu

Quote from: evan25 on January 18, 2017, 05:54:43 AM
Can i run this mod with EPOE and High Caliber ( ammo of course ) ?

Yes, generally you need to look into a mod thread for a CR compatibility patch because they tend to be written by the mod authors.
Someone else conveniently released patches for both EPOE and HC into his own thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29609.0
A patch is like a mod and needs to be loaded after the two mods it patches.

Quote from: Draxis on January 18, 2017, 03:35:21 AM
I'm enjoying this immensely, really makes for more emergent gameplay. Has anyone tried a nomadic play through with CR? I want to give it a go, but I am afraid of running out of ammo or being limited to bows and arrows.

I guess I would need to rush machining so I can produce ammo, but was curious to see if you could do a play-through without setting up a manufacturing base and either trading or raiding for supplies.
If you have miniaturisation mod you could bring your machining table along with your caravan.

coldcell

Is there a way to remove the ammo from CR? I googled and there was a mod that did it, but it isn't updated.

I've seen CR being brought up a lot in top mods recommendation.. But many people say the ammo system just makes it tedious (a lot of micromanagement).

Also what kind of mods conflict with CR? I'm using ~60 diff mods, mostly to enhance QoL stuff and to my knowledge doesn't affect how combat works. Will it be a problem? What about mods that add new weapons/factions like Rimsenal?

Thanks!

McGuffin

Quote from: coldcell on January 18, 2017, 09:41:37 AM
Is there a way to remove the ammo from CR? I googled and there was a mod that did it, but it isn't updated.
You probably should try for yourself.

I am testing CR in my last playthrough, and I don't have to micro-manage ammo at all.
the new loadOut system, and the auto ressuppliying system works great (at least in the latest master from gitHub).
All you have to set is a crafting hub for Ammo, once it's done properly, everything is fine, and the mod adds a lot to the gameplay.

There are few issues with AI actually (enemy ignoring defender behind embrasure, I witnessed that few times), and  the hunting is a bit awkward since the new defense bonus make small or sleeping animal very hard to kill, but all in all, the game is quite good with CR, as it is right now.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: McGuffin on January 18, 2017, 10:05:17 AM
Quote from: coldcell on January 18, 2017, 09:41:37 AM
You probably should try for yourself.

I am testing CR in my last playthrough, and I don't have to micro-manage ammo at all.
the new loadOut system, and the auto ressuppliying system works great (at least in the latest master from gitHub).
All you have to set is a crafting hub for Ammo, once it's done properly, everything is fine, and the mod adds a lot to the gameplay.

There are few issues with AI actually (enemy ignoring defender behind embrasure, I witnessed that few times), and  the hunting is a bit awkward since the new defense bonus make small or sleeping animal very hard to kill, but all in all, the game is quite good with CR, as it is right now.

The sleeping thing does make it kind of strange. They are hard to hit because they are lying on the ground. Perhaps if there was just an equal modifier for being asleep to counterbalance that bonus they receive.

coldcell

Any way to limit the amount of ammo pawns carry? My pawns carry the full amount of ammo they possibly can.. The bulk is a lot and so their work speed slows down considerably.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: coldcell on January 18, 2017, 12:32:04 PM
Any way to limit the amount of ammo pawns carry? My pawns carry the full amount of ammo they possibly can.. The bulk is a lot and so their work speed slows down considerably.

Look in the Assign menu (same place where you make outfits in vanilla. You'll want to create a set of Loadouts for configuring what weapon/ammo/other random stuff they carry.

For instance, when I start early game with nothing, I typically start making small bows and stone arrows ASAP. then configure a loadout where they carry the bow, 50 arrows, and a piece of jerky.

coldcell

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 18, 2017, 12:41:37 PM
Quote from: coldcell on January 18, 2017, 12:32:04 PM

Look in the Assign menu (same place where you make outfits in vanilla. You'll want to create a set of Loadouts for configuring what weapon/ammo/other random stuff they carry.

For instance, when I start early game with nothing, I typically start making small bows and stone arrows ASAP. then configure a loadout where they carry the bow, 50 arrows, and a piece of jerky.

Thanks that works! First time using the mod, so it's a learning experience for me. Hopefully this will fix the message "inventory too full to tame". I did encounter a bug where the assigned colonist with 20 bullets will get "stuck" reloading/unreloading the ammo. I think it's because I'm using mods that deal with hauling. I'm gonna disable hauling-related mods.

Edit: I can't figure out what's causing my pawn to be "bugged". My pawn keeps on droppping/picking up ammo (quantity as assigned). If I clear his loadout, he'll take all the ammo and works fine. So far I have Survival Rifle and Pistol and only the Pistol loadout is causing this. For now I'm refraining from using Pistol. I've disabled all hauling-related mods, so I'm not sure what's causing it hmm

Peaches

I could use some advice/hlep with some of the artillery. First of all mortar shells travel significantly slower than in the base game, is that normal?
Secondly, I can not figure out how to use the 90mm artillery piece. I don't know how to change ammo but even if I have the correct ammo type loaded it always says that I am either within the minimum range or outside the maximum range. Can anyone gimme a hand?
I am not using any other mods just the base game and combat realism.
Thanks.

Fafn1r

@coldcell, download latest github release - it seems skyarkchangel fixed the problem with ammo few hours ago.

coldcell

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 18, 2017, 03:10:17 PM
@coldcell, download latest github release - it seems skyarkchangel fixed the problem with ammo few hours ago.

I'm already using the latest version, which was updated 2 days ago. Version 1.6.9.5. Is there another github link other than the one in the 1st post?