[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 19, 2017, 08:50:24 AM
Quote from: coldcell on January 19, 2017, 07:03:31 AM
Is there a way to make my pawn automatically switch to a melee weapon, if they have it? Currently in my loadout I have my pawns carry both AR and Knife/Handgun. If enemy comes to melee range, any way to make them switch weapons?

Right now when I tell them to melee, they'll use fist instead.

For now you have to micromanage it by going in their invetory and making them equip it (right click menu). They will put their gun back to their inventory.

I'd love to see automatic switching to melee when being hit by melee attacks and when hunted animal is downed. Skyarkhangel, if you aren't too busy... :P

Yep, iam plan to make it in future. With checking target distance, to switch back to gun.

Uzerplane

Please make a light version of Combat Realism & Realism Defence, without the use of ammunition.

McGuffin

I think there is a bug in the reloading guns while hunting.

It appears that when a pawn is hunting and when it needs to reload his gun, the "reloading task" is set as "forced task".
Most of the time the "forced task" is released after the reloading, but somtimes it's not, then the "forced task" behavior is transfered to the hunting task. And in that case, the pawn tries to hunt until he fall from fatigue.

Kicker

Would it be possible to make pawns automatically reload their weapons after exiting combat/ while safe if their firearm's magazine is missing rounds? Gets kinda old manually reload every fighter's assault rifle after every raid.

sirgzu

Quote from: McGuffin on January 24, 2017, 08:28:52 AM
I think there is a bug in the reloading guns while hunting.

It appears that when a pawn is hunting and when it needs to reload his gun, the "reloading task" is set as "forced task".
Most of the time the "forced task" is released after the reloading, but somtimes it's not, then the "forced task" behavior is transfered to the hunting task. And in that case, the pawn tries to hunt until he fall from fatigue.

Not sure if related or not but I remember (few months ago now since I last checked) that hunter pawns that had to reload immediately after a kill would return home without hauling their prey.

AnNyeong

Quote from: Uzerplane on January 24, 2017, 08:08:36 AM
Please make a light version of Combat Realism & Realism Defence, without the use of ammunition.
This x100! I guess you probably didn't so far because all the armor stuff works around with the bullet types but...
Seriously.
Ammo managing is too much for me but the vanilla guns/armors/health is ridiculous!
I guess I'll deal with the bullets for now...

sirgzu

Quote from: AnNyeong on January 24, 2017, 10:11:51 AM
Quote from: Uzerplane on January 24, 2017, 08:08:36 AM
This x100! I guess you probably didn't so far because all the armor stuff works around with the bullet types but...
Seriously.
Ammo managing is too much for me but the vanilla guns/armors/health is ridiculous!
I guess I'll deal with the bullets for now...
This has already been asked a million times and is not going to happen, if you want to know why you can run a search on the topic.

McGuffin

I already said that, but that is not true at all:
Everything is automated, you just have to set your loadout for weapon/ammo wanted for each pawn , and... that's all.

AnNyeong

Quote from: McGuffin on January 24, 2017, 10:54:59 AM

I already said that, but that is not true at all:
Everything is automated, you just have to set your loadout for weapon/ammo wanted for each pawn , and... that's all.
Except that when you don't have enough of one type of ammo (we'll use 300 FMJ here for an example) that is mentioned in the loadout BUT have a total of 250 ammo; 30 FMJ, 120 AP and 100 HP, it will try to auto-pickup the different type of ammo because it don't have enough FMJ the load-out will force to wear the correct type of ammo and it will infinitely loop between the two or three types trying to pick all of them up (but won't) because of the automated default and you have to manually remove the load-out every time it happens.
mid-late game is fine because there's no way you will run out of ammo unless you fuck up good, but early game its annoying as hell. You have to micro manage all the ammo and since I start new games a lot this is a deal breaker for me.

McGuffin

It was a bug, not a design issue. Anyway, it's fixed in the latest build (on GitHub)
also when you don't have enough ammo, you might want to use bow instead until you can craft enough ammo for everybody. It's part of the gameplay actually.

AnNyeong

Quote from: McGuffin on January 24, 2017, 11:42:39 AM
It was a bug, not a design issue. Anyway, it's fixed in the latest build (on GitHub)
also when you don't have enough ammo, you might want to use bow instead until you can craft enough ammo for everybody. It's part of the gameplay actually.
I'm actually starting to notice my gameplay went horrible since I got mods. I played again with an ''Ammo mindset'' and it worked pretty well... until..
No heater (10C* winters, I shouldn't need them right?)
No defence
3 pistol, 2 shotty and 1 sniper
No defence what so ever (mortars, turrets or walls even)
No fire protection
No Proxy-whatevermalariapills-yn
2nd month, 3/5 get malaria only get to save 1
Then 3rd month, still nothing I just listed...Dry thunderstorm in my base and around it! Starts raining after half my shit is gone... then.. Cold snap, volcanic winter eclipse (all together!) Went down to -22 at night, no good clothes, barely getting a heated room going... and then a 7 man raid!

So yeah, no ammo problems though. I worked with it fine.

But my gameplay sucks now.

I'm trying to get all this new and/or fancy stuff at the beginning;
Crafting snipers and LMGs when my walls are still in wood and can barely get by in steel
Making a 20x20 big brewery when I don't even have defences or decent garden
Fancy deep drilling researches when I don't even have firefoam yet (Boreal forest too!)

I can't seem to grow slow and steady anymore lol. I'm trying to just go big all at once and it blows (literally) in my face every time. I need to sit back and think basic for the first year I guess.

Sorry for the shitty sob story but thanks for actually saying that, it just all clicked. I'm actually posting this after I lost this game, trying to cool off before starting a new one haha.

Mercain

Suggestion:
Can we get rid of arrows faster? 1 arrow per smelt is ridiculous, a Tribe raid will leave 400 arrows minimum at least around my base, they don't deteriorate. So the only way to get rid of them is to use them or use Tool Destroy...

Also, since there is no use of Scyther ammo, can we get a way to get rid of that too?

Thanks!

minakurafto

Quote from: Mercain on January 24, 2017, 09:38:25 PM
Suggestion:
Can we get rid of arrows faster? 1 arrow per smelt is ridiculous, a Tribe raid will leave 400 arrows minimum at least around my base, they don't deteriorate. So the only way to get rid of them is to use them or use Tool Destroy...

Also, since there is no use of Scyther ammo, can we get a way to get rid of that too?

Thanks!
for mechanoid ammo, if the ammo drop bug you, try adding <destroyOnDrop>True</destroyOnDrop> and <menuHidden>True</menuHidden> in Ammo_Advanced.xml below each  mechanoid ammo def.
for minigun centipede, duplicate minigun def, 1 for mechanoid with other mechanoid ammo uncraftable, the other one is craftable minigun with Nato ammo, then no more ridiculus ammo drop

for arrow just add DeteriorationRate in ammo base so all ammo will deteriorate

grimsurgent

What does mounted recoil mean? I looked in the weapon defs to figure out why all the lmgs sucked, (i have 3 other cr compatible weapon mods) and all of them have mounted recoil.

paulosaurus

Quote from: Sinosauropteryx on January 20, 2017, 03:39:39 PM
- Embrasures are op af. A simple perimeter wall with recessed entrances protected by embrasures makes raids trivially easy. Enemies will lock onto attacking a door, stack up in the hallway, and can be mowed down point-blank without retaliation. Manhunters and thrumbos are even more of a joke, they will run around aimlessly, unable to acquire a target. This is less a problem with the mod and more a problem with the poor AI, which is not trained to handle embrasures. I suppose it's the same problem as killboxes in vanilla.

I've been away from Rimworld for a while, but I remember this being an issue with Combat Realism in A13 as well, and someone made a patch for it to solve the issue, it seemed to work well from what I remember. The problem is, this was back when CR used CCL, and as such the workaround also used CCL.

Here's the links to both the post about it in the old thread, as well as the github page for the patch, just in case anyone with any modding ability wants to look into it.

Link to post in old thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.msg220390;topicseen#msg220390
Github page for patch: https://github.com/Krutchen/CombatRealism/releases/tag/1.6.52