Asexuality

Started by fetusthebard, November 11, 2016, 06:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fetusthebard

Don't click that dislike button! I'm not trying to change your game!

I have two colonists right? One is a dude, one is a girl. The guy is Volatile, the girl is Nervous. When she entered the colony, they immediately became lovers. I was like, "Sweet! They'll totally end up bringing each-other's moods up!" They got married, and have now been married for like 5 game years. Both of them seem completely happy not "Gettin' some lovin'!",despite their moods being somewhat tumultuous. Which got me thinking... there is a hidden modifier for Bisexuals, and I knew about that from straight people flirting occasionally. Is there a hidden modifier for Ace people? It just seems really weird that for 5 years and several months beforehand these two have not done "the thing" even once. And if it is, why didn't that RockPaperShotgun reviewer mention it?

I mean, I have some possible explanations, but I will keep them to myself. Just looking for your input really!

eadras

I've noticed this in some of my past games, too.  I assumed it was a result of some obscure bug, but I couldn't narrow it down enough to make a useful bug report.

xrumblingcdsx

And here I thought this was gonna be a cool idea to add asexuality to the game as a trait.

RemingtonRyder

Attraction (mutual attraction) factors into the chance for getting lovin'. It also affects the mood buff.

mumblemumble

Do you think mood itself is a factor? would make sense.....it seems social interactions get better / worse with mood...maybe sex is too?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

sadpickle

They're sharing a bed and sleeping at the same time right? It sounds like maybe the attraction/relation levels got high enough to trigger a relationship, but not high enough to get either in the mood.

Mutineer

Hey, one of my ladies has an affair when been married.

Wex

That happened to me too, but since they were both 50+ years old, I tought nothing of it.
How old are your colonists?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

fetusthebard

To answer some of the questions here, when they got married they were 27 and 30 respectively, they are sharing a bed and have been since they initiated the lover relationship (I should also mention that they are sleeping at the same time), and have consistently had almost or exactly 100 social with each other (both have really good social skills), they are both attractive (as in they have no deformities and don't have any of the bad traits), and they both have +10 opinion modifier for their wife/husband. They simply don't have sex, even when their moods suggest they should (in the rare instances where both are happy). And as I said, it has been 5 in-game years since the start.

RemingtonRyder

Attractiveness is scored from the point of view of each pawn. You can see the score by turning on dev mode.

stu89pid

Quote from: eadras on November 11, 2016, 06:54:08 PM
I've noticed this in some of my past games, too.  I assumed it was a result of some obscure bug, but I couldn't narrow it down enough to make a useful bug report.
Chlamydia?

mumblemumble

just like real life, asexuality doesn't REALLY exist, just very suppressed people...given enough time, and opportunity, they will open up.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Bozobub

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 15, 2016, 04:46:52 AMjust like real life, asexuality doesn't REALLY exist, just very suppressed people...given enough time, and opportunity, they will open up.
You are making a strong assumption here, that you won't be able to back up =o .
Thanks, belgord!

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 15, 2016, 04:46:52 AM
just like real life, asexuality doesn't REALLY exist, just very suppressed people...given enough time, and opportunity, they will open up.

*waves hand* These are not the forums you are looking for.

:P

mumblemumble

Ill just put it this way - asexuality means one does not have sexual desires....but this is not CONCRETE, its temporary.

I was asexual back in the day, but it got changed.

And that is exactly what I mean, if the right stimulus comes, the fire will ignite

-----