No lethal force against Berserk

Started by DirectorBright, November 18, 2016, 04:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirectorBright

Simple enough. Colonists will fight berserk colonists with their fists instead of deciding the best option when the builder goes berserk(!) is to blow their feet off with a pump shotgun.
Healer got his legs torn off by hellspawn today, bugs exploded from someones floor, and its been a toxic fallout nuclear winter for the past week. Then a solar flare hit.
Such is life in the rimworld.

Lightzy

Default behavior is running away.

Also sometimes you want the bastard shot.

You can already unequip their weapon or force melee attack by closing in, if you have a ranged weapon

DirectorBright

Quote from: Lightzy on November 18, 2016, 05:14:47 AM
Default behavior is running away.

Also sometimes you want the bastard shot.

You can already unequip their weapon or force melee attack by closing in, if you have a ranged weapon

Yes, but most of these instances are 'someone went berserk' followed by me hearing 'BANG BANG BANG' and then 'Colonist needs rescue.'

Also setting people to run away leads to them dying to squirrels.
Healer got his legs torn off by hellspawn today, bugs exploded from someones floor, and its been a toxic fallout nuclear winter for the past week. Then a solar flare hit.
Such is life in the rimworld.

lllMWNlll

It's a valid idea. Would be nice to have non-lethal weapons, or non lethal mechanics. I'm pretty sure there is a "Stun Turret mod" which is non-lethal turret it's available here in Ludeon Forums.

But a Taser pistol, or taser rifle would do the trick has well with a little mortality chance. Also rubber bullets used for controling raging mob by the police, i have shooted by one of this bullets... "HURTS LIKE HELL". And perfectly incapacitate you by pain with enough bullets.

schizmo

I like the idea of a rubber bullet or bean bag rifle that would cause ranged blunt damage, it would be good for subduing that one raider who is a family member of a colonist, or for dealing with a berserk colonist.

It could still end up destroying limbs or even killing someone, but since blunt damage tends to be lower than sharp damage, so chances are the target will simply be incapacitated before enough damage is dealt to be lethal