mod idea cloning

Started by Austintrollinski, November 14, 2016, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austintrollinski

ever get tired of reloading to try to save a pawn when a huge raid happens you need a cloning mod to clone your pawns but there is a down side.
1. if there sick the clone will be sick
2. there stats will transfer as well as age'
3. to clone an army you will need a pod or something to grow the clones

Bihlbo

Finally, a good use for cryosleep pods! I can clone my best pawn, then put them in a pod for safe keeping. Even if When the clones die, I still have a backup! Plus, no one likes a clone, so I don't have to worry about them forming relationships before they are sacrificed in the war against the mechanoids.

lllMWNlll

Nice idea :D

Looking foward for this mod

Hydromancerx

Clones are a cool idea! Yes someone please make a clone mod!

Hydromancerx

The Stargate mod deletes and remakes pawns. Perhaps if it was made so the original Pawn was not deleted then the output could just make more pawns.

Jaxxa

At one point in development of that mod it working almost exactly like that. There is a bug with recent version of it not working well with the relationship system, but for cloning you probably would not want them to keep their previous relationships anyway.

The main question I have is how do you go about balancing it?

Sounds like an interesting idea, although I probably wont be working on it until at least some time after A16.

lllMWNlll

Quote from: Jaxxa on November 16, 2016, 05:05:58 PM
At one point in development of that mod it working almost exactly like that. There is a bug with recent version of it not working well with the relationship system, but for cloning you probably would not want them to keep their previous relationships anyway.

The main question I have is how do you go about balancing it?

Sounds like an interesting idea, although I probably wont be working on it until at least some time after A16.

I can wait for "cloning mod".

For rebalancing i Suggest some ideas, like:
- Remove or lower relationship from the clone one to other colonists. His new body, his new brain dosen't have neuronies developed to relationships, depending on "Clone bay" quality, tech, model.

- Lose most skills, the higher the skill more loss. Same thing Brain of the clone dosen't have neuronies developed for higher skills. Higher tech, model, and quality "clone bay" saves more skill though.

- Clones dosen't have same physic strengh has orginal bodies have, this should give them a health negative buff. But they should recover the same strengh has time goes by. (Haul fewer resources, Run slower, Less damage for Melee weapons).

- Small chance for the clone going beserk from gettin out from his clone bay.

- Also a "interesting Idea" is seeling the clones for traders, the higher "quality" of original body, higher the prices. Factors from the "original" would be - Skills, age, traits... Those factors should set the price, based on Selling or buying prisoners from vanilla game.

There are some ideas for the mod. Hope i'd help a little!  :D