[Mod Request] Neanderthals

Started by Hydromancerx, November 15, 2016, 05:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

I know there is a mod that has Neanderthals, but they are just like a dog. I wondered if someone could make Neanderthals that could do more like how the Robot mods can do things. Such as ...

- Fight (Already Can Do)
- Rescue (Already Can Do)
- Haul (Already Can Do)
- Mine*
- Cut Plants*
- Clean*
- Flick*
- Firefight*

* Can Only Do When Fully Trained

This would make them more useful than animals but not as skilled as humans. Also would not be a specific as the robots. So if you wanted to be specific on what task to do a robot would always be better and faster. But a Neanderthal is more generalized and can of course breed like any other pet animal.

mew_the_pinkmin

A better term would be a Vat Slave, basically a human but weaker, a faster breeder, and not quite smart enough to realize its a slave and revolt.

I don't know how hard it would be, but basically your asking for more training options and a pawn to use them right?
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

Thirite

Despite popular belief Neanderthals were not stupid creatures. Their mental faculties were likely quite close to our own. They used tools and weapons, performed burials, and made art. There is even evidence which suggests they were as fully capable of language as modern humans.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Thirite on December 10, 2016, 07:19:49 PM
Despite popular belief Neanderthals were not stupid creatures. Their mental faculties were likely quite close to our own. They used tools and weapons, performed burials, and made art. There is even evidence which suggests they were as fully capable of language as modern humans.

Yes this is true. And there are people with neanderthal DNA too. My point was there was already a mod with pawn graphics. the creature was called "Neanderthal". But the "Vat Slave" idea would work just as well.