Level 15 Doctor Missed the Kidney

Started by rimmyboi, November 16, 2016, 11:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimmyboi

So, my colony recently captured 4 prisoners. As I was approaching winter, I couldn't afford to take them all in. So, I decided to keep 1 and cut out 1 kidney and 1 lung from the other 3 so I could sell the organs to a Pirate Trader. I successfully performed the surgery on 2 of the prisoners, but then for the 3rd one, my level 15 doctor failed catastrophically while taking out a kidney, and... Wait for it.... Took out the Pelvis instead. Not only did he miss the Kidney, he mixed up bone with an organ and cut a guys part off and a large chunk of his hip. Take a look at the screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Brovahkii

Like the time I was removing a lung from two prisoners to fix an asthma problem one of my pawns had. Level 17 doctor, silver room, silver medic beds, sterile floors; it resulted in a right lung being removed from one prisoner and a heart being cut to hell and an arm being removed instead.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

rimmyboi

Haha! The surgeries can end up really weird in rimworld...

TomatoWalrus

I assinged my surgeon to remove a lung from a prisoner... he decided to remove a leg instead
Murphys law:
If something can go wrong, it will go wrong.
RimWorld can be an ass sometimes

Facepunch

I shit you not, I had a prisoner with an infection in his toe, I figured it was easiest just to apmutate it. Level 20 doc goes in, but I guess maybe he was having an off day because he accidentally carved his heart out instead. I made him a jacket out of that guy

mumblemumble

reminds me of a guy installing a peg leg and having a "minor" failure....of decapitating the guy.

dont worry, the decapitation is only minor.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

faltonico

Profugo Barbatus

My level 14 doc has had his fair share of accidental heart removals. All but one while installing peg legs.

Its amusing, my last colony refused to execute or intentionally maim prisoners. They lost lots to infection, and there's a notable percentage lost to accidental pulmonary amputation. Accidents aren't murder, right?

Luckily, absolutely no colonists were lost to surgical failures, so I had that going for me.

MeowRailroad

For the first time ever today I had a level 11 doctor manage to install a peg leg first try with herbal medicine.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

1 Kiwi

My level 16 Doctor had to remove a left index finger with an extreme infection.
The woman lost her spine, pelvis, and right foot.
- It was on permadeath mode.. I lost my fry cook that day.
Dusty keyboard