[Request] Blunt weapons damage consciousness

Started by Mong, November 18, 2016, 05:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mong

Is a mod that makes blunt weapons (Clubs, Maces, Etc.) render people unconscious instead of putting them in shock possible/already made? I've been looking for one, but can't find any.

Vincent

I've played with a mod that does that (Glitter work) and it's ridiculously OP, you should try it by yourself; the item is called OC defense knife or something

Simulacrum0

the problem with this is the story teller just flat out kills the pawn instead of just downing it even it its just 1 damage.

Mong

Quote from: Vincent on November 18, 2016, 07:22:38 PM
-snip-
If it's just a single item, it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that makes all blunt weapons (Like clubs, maces, etc) damage consciousness just as much as it damages pain, but stops at 30%.

Razzoriel

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on November 18, 2016, 07:26:17 PM
the problem with this is the story teller just flat out kills the pawn instead of just downing it even it its just 1 damage.
There's a 25% fixed chance of a pawn dying even if you tried to capture it using non-lethal mechanics.

Mong

skullywag

its actually 46% I believe.

Hence my "less lethals" mod turned out to be so lethal that "More mechanoids" took my tazer and added it to a new mech and called it the "skullywag". Pain or setting consciousness doesnt matter as downing will happen and the game will kill half of them no matter what happened to down them.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mong

Quote from: skullywag on November 20, 2016, 05:14:59 AM
-snip-
I thought unconscious pawns actually got up, unlike the ones in shock. Guess I was wrong.

Razzoriel

Quote from: skullywag on November 20, 2016, 05:14:59 AM
its actually 46% I believe.

Yeah, you're correct.

Attempting a capture of a pawn you like has a 46% chance of not happening.

I'd be fine with that if every weapon had a "Lethality" attribute. So fists would have like 1% lethality, tasers 5%, low-caliber firearms 10%, and so forth (as in, no matter what, you have a X% chance of killing a pawn with this weapon).

Vincent

Glitter Tech knife have 100% chance of downing the pawn and not killing, so it's possible to change the 46%

Mong

Well, is it possible to make a mod that reduces lethality to 5%, and makes in shock look like unconscious?

skullywag

Quote from: Vincent on November 20, 2016, 05:18:16 PM
Glitter Tech knife have 100% chance of downing the pawn and not killing, so it's possible to change the 46%

I dont think thats right, theres no assembly with that mod and it simply uses a damagedef to set a hediff of heatstab which just uses pain to cause unconsciousness, so the same rules apply.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Vincent

Quote from: skullywag on November 22, 2016, 05:05:55 AM
Quote from: Vincent on November 20, 2016, 05:18:16 PM

I dont think thats right, theres no assembly with that mod and it simply uses a damagedef to set a hediff of heatstab which just uses pain to cause unconsciousness, so the same rules apply.

I've never killed a pawn with the weapon but it could just be confirmation bias

mazacik

I'm pretty sure the chance is acutually 67% for humans and 47% for animals, and it's hardcoded into the game. Meaning you just got lucky.