[A17] Quicksaver

Started by ddmgs404, August 18, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddmgs404

Quicksaver

Description

Adds a quicksave and quickload feature to the game.

I have a frequent saving addiction, so to avoid the extra time spent manually saving through the menu I added these to the game. By default these are bound to F8 for quicksave and F9 for quickload, you can rebind them from the Options Menu > Keyboard Configuration > In-game global section.

When the quicksave key is pressed it will save your current game to a save labelled "Quicksave", subsequently the quickload key will load from the same save file name. For permadeath mode it will instead save as whatever your current permadeath save file name is, i.e. "ColonyName (Permadeath)". I have also disabled the quickload function for permadeath game modes.

Compatibility

This mod is a custom MapComponent so it should be compatible with any other mods.

Note that since this is a custom MapComponent it will not work on any pre-existing saves without editing your save file, new saves will work fine. I've added instructions at the bottom of my post for editing the save file.

--Updated for alpha 17

Author

ddmgs404/Asdfer (With some major help from Haplo's Miscellaneous CORE mod source to figure out how to get custom key bindings to work)

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bddk8fnvsk3h1he/Quicksaver_a17.zip
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=746631165

How to install

- Unzip the archive and place the "Quicksaver" folder within your RimWorld/Mods folder wherever you have Rimworld installed.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- For pre-existing saves navigate to your save folder, usually [C:\Users\*YourUserNameHere*\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves\], and open your save with a text editor.
- Search for the keyword "components" and you should see something similar to the following:
--------------------      
<components>
   <li Class="BreakdownManager" />
   <li Class="ExplosionManager">
      <explosions />
   </li>
</components>
--------------------
- You now want to add this line "<li Class="Quicksaver.MapComponent_Quicksave" />" (minus the quotations) to the list, the end result will look like this:
--------------------
<components>
   <li Class="BreakdownManager" />
   <li Class="ExplosionManager">
      <explosions />
   </li>
   <li Class="Quicksaver.MapComponent_Quicksave" />
</components>
--------------------
- Now save the file and you should be good to go!

Fluffy (l2032)

neat work!

Note that you can easily use CCL to inject the mapcomp into existing games, basically one extra xml file (but it would add a dependency on CCL ofcourse).

ddmgs404

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 18, 2016, 04:24:56 AM
neat work!

Note that you can easily use CCL to inject the mapcomp into existing games, basically one extra xml file (but it would add a dependency on CCL ofcourse).

Thanks!

That does seem easier so I may just do that, thanks for the info

Tyriq

Thanks for this. I'm tired of installing peg legs on my colonists only to have their spines cleanly removed and their liver smashed to bits instead.

ddmgs404

I've updated the mod for alpha 15, enjoy!

ddmgs404

Mod has been updated for A16

Federama

Is it possible to make a mod where you can quicksave-load a "state"? Like in game console emulators.. So you dont need to load the whole world-things-defs-etc all again?

ddmgs404

Updated for A17!

Quote from: Federama on January 12, 2017, 01:19:09 PM
Is it possible to make a mod where you can quicksave-load a "state"? Like in game console emulators.. So you dont need to load the whole world-things-defs-etc all again?

Sorry for the late reply on this, as far as I am aware this is not possible. All of the world/defs/etc needs to be flushed from memory and reloaded completely when loading to ensure there will be no save corruption when you next save your game.

bolbies

Will this be updated for B18?

bolbies

I see that you updated this on steam. Would you mind uploading a non-steam download link please? Thank you!

ertzuiop

Quote from: bolbies on December 04, 2017, 01:27:26 PM
I see that you updated this on steam. Would you mind uploading a non-steam download link please? Thank you!

Would like to second that.