What happened to Floored mod?

Started by Alenerel, November 17, 2016, 11:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

Ill eventually will copy paste the mod removing the custom tiles, but not right now.

Curundir

Since this was the first (and last) mod I ever made and uploaded to the workshop, I was not aware of these options... It's too late now, but if that is indeed how it works and I would have known about it, I would have chosen that path! (Provided that there was indeed someone willing to take over.)

mon-j

As a (retired, now part-time) professional musician who can't even buy a cup of coffee every 6 months from the royalties, I would throw it out there that creating art rarely ever has monetary rewards, and oftentimes not even accolades.  While I can understand how someone would give up when they perceive their work is unappreciated, I would counter with what drove an artist to create in the first place was for their own satisfaction and perhaps that motivation will stoke the creative fires in the future. 

Curundir

Quote from: mon-j on November 21, 2016, 01:45:32 PM
As a (retired, now part-time) professional musician who can't even buy a cup of coffee every 6 months from the royalties, I would throw it out there that creating art rarely ever has monetary rewards, and oftentimes not even accolades.  While I can understand how someone would give up when they perceive their work is unappreciated, I would counter with what drove an artist to create in the first place was for their own satisfaction and perhaps that motivation will stoke the creative fires in the future.
And I agree with you completely - creativity, to me, is it's own reward. There is no way I could ever stop myself from being creative at all! (Thinking of learning to play the Bansuri btw.)

I have only come to the conclusion that publishing and managing any of my works on the internet is making me very unhappy, and I've finally decided that I no longer want to do that. This mod was only the final straw in that realization...

mon-j

Quote from: Curundir on November 21, 2016, 02:26:38 PM
I have only come to the conclusion that publishing and managing any of my works on the internet is making me very unhappy, and I've finally decided that I no longer want to do that. This mod was only the final straw in that realization...

Man, do I ever hear that. 

Bozobub

Ehh...  It's yours to do with it as you wish, as the creator of the (completely free) mod.  Anyone who whines about that is merely a Yahoo.
Thanks, belgord!

RemingtonRyder

Curundir, there are plenty of mod makers (not just in RimWorld either) who could use the talents of an artist. Not sure if you're interested in that, but I think that you would get the kind of feedback you're looking for if you worked with one or more of them.