Started by tonsrd, November 22, 2016, 12:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonsrd

mod request : expand traders
is it possible to increase traders

x items list
x item count
x silver / wealth

I know u can increase how often u get a trader ( by land or space ) its an old maybe outdated mod.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18670.0

edit 1: add url link,
edit 2: found trader kind def folder in core mod and Incidents_Various_Good xml in "incidents folder"

now im un-sure what to change

mabor0shi

x silver / wealth
<li Class="StockGenerator_SingleDef">
          <thingDef>Silver</thingDef>
          <countRange>
           <min>800</min>
           <max>1300</max>
          </countRange>
         </li>

that sets the range of minimum and maximum money they'll have. so just change the numbers, it won't hurt nothin.
x item count
Works the same with the other <stockGenerators>.
x items list
If you want to add a new item to their stock, just copy & paste from another trader's def. If no other trader has the item for sale, you will have to find the item's def name in the thingdefs XMLs.
Somehow, I don't think that fully answers your question. amirite?
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

tonsrd

it helps ty,  but id like more info,

( im just greedy ), my end goal is to have 10x more silver 10x more items

mabor0shi

Quote from: tonsrd on November 25, 2016, 12:18:05 AM
it helps ty,  but id like more info,

( im just greedy ), my end goal is to have 10x more silver 10x more items
a lot of people playing RW are that kind of greedy. So, you got the silver part then. You just throw a zero onto the end of the silver <countrange> numbers (or make both #s 13000) for each individual trader. Then do it with every other thingdef. If you meant 10x the kind of items: You would have to pick and choose what items you want each trader to have or combine all the trader types into one. Just have "Traders" instead of "Bulk Goods Traders" , "Exotic Goods Traders", etc. That answers the question, right? Don't lie to me!  ;)
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

tonsrd

ive given up, I carnt get the results I want or im making things worse.

im leaving it to some oen more skilled / clear headed.

mabor0shi

Quote from: tonsrd on December 01, 2016, 12:19:55 PM
ive given up, I carnt get the results I want or im making things worse.

im leaving it to some oen more skilled / clear headed.
sorry to hear that. i don't really like the idea (don't see the point), so i won't be doing it. it seemed like it would be so simple, but mods always turn out to have complexities i don't expect. you used the information i gave you and it didn't work? what went wrong?

tonsrd

I opened the xml file with notepad used "find" to get the silver part I could change the silver for all traders as I wanted orbit or caravan, but items just confused me.  I just struggle the more I try to do something.

I just feel the base game doesn't have the silver late early-mid-late game.

ive seen live streamers on twitch.tv make art with wood /stone and can empty 5x caravans easy, and that's without mods.... with mods  ur wealth can sky rockey mid-late game. 10-20k+ and traders still come with 1-2k silver carrying 1-2k stuff to sell/buy...

they should grow as we grow..... in my opinion.

Murder = most profit .  guns / clothes items raiders bring with them.

mabor0shi

Quote from: tonsrd on December 02, 2016, 11:52:56 AM
I opened the xml file with notepad used "find" to get the silver part I could change the silver for all traders as I wanted orbit or caravan, but items just confused me.  I just struggle the more I try to do something.

I just feel the base game doesn't have the silver late early-mid-late game.

ive seen live streamers on twitch.tv make art with wood /stone and can empty 5x caravans easy, and that's without mods.... with mods  ur wealth can sky rockey mid-late game. 10-20k+ and traders still come with 1-2k silver carrying 1-2k stuff to sell/buy...

they should grow as we grow..... in my opinion.

Murder = most profit .  guns / clothes items raiders bring with them.
I see your point now, and why you want this mod. I can't think of a way to make it so that their silver increases with your colony's tech level or population or just amount of days that pass. If you increase the amount of silver that only orbital traders carry, that would help keep it to mid->late game. I don't want to start on a mod like this now because A16 is coming very soon and seems to make huge changes to trading and faction relationships. If this problem and solution still make sense for a16, I think I'll do it.
p.s. don't feel bad for being confused, I use Programmer's Notepad. If I used plain notepad, everything would look like a string of random sentences to me. PN makes XMLs look way clearer and more organized, easier to work with by far. Also, a tutorial to teach u some key terms and little rules would be very helpful. Try the RW wiki, i used that one.

Illusion Distort

It all depends on what you want the traders to carry with them...

if you want them to carry 10X then you could increase the amount of different textiles(and other categoryDefs). Then you can buy more from them of a larger amount of avaliable items (itemDefCountRange)

<li Class="StockGenerator_Category">
        <categoryDef>Textiles</categoryDef>
        <thingDefCountRange>
          <min>1</min>
          <max>2</max>
        </thingDefCountRange>
        <price>Cheap</price>
        <totalPriceRange>
          <min>400</min>
          <max>800</max>
        </totalPriceRange>
      </li>
        <categoryDef>ResourcesRaw</categoryDef>
        <thingDefCountRange>
          <min>2</min>
          <max>4</max>
        </thingDefCountRange>
        <price>Cheap</price>
        <totalPriceRange>
          <min>150</min>
          <max>320</max>
        </totalPriceRange>
      </li>
        <categoryDef>FoodRaw</categoryDef>
        <thingDefCountRange>
          <min>3</min>
          <max>5</max>
        </thingDefCountRange>
        <price>Cheap</price>
        <totalPriceRange>
          <min>400</min>
          <max>1000</max>
        </totalPriceRange>
      </li>

If you want me to explain in more detail, let me know :D

tonsrd

my last attempt I unloaded all modds just vanilla "core" and my mod

all ive done is copy "TraderKindDef folder" from core folder cop'ed it into mine and changed the silver values with notepad ++ of all carvans and orbit trader, I started a new game in dev mode called caravan over and it had default values.

I don't know what im doing or I don't think ive done something wrong.

edit1: ive given up on changing items as first few attempts failed, and all attempts to change silver has failed.