A Last Stand

Started by SurvivoroftheNoobs, March 30, 2014, 11:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Survival Log Day295
Its been months since we arrived here.....3 of us crashed together and from there started a small camp in wich we were to be rescued from. But rescue never came instead other survivors found us. We gave an oath we protect eachother we live together.....we die together today that oath became reality.

This morning started out good we all woke up ate breakfast together and talked about how we were doing. Dave and Paul were heading north to gather metal while everyone else was to harvest the fields and bring in much needed food. Jackson went to build 3 new turrets to our defence line. That would make 10 fortifed turrets to our line supporting the 25 of us. Hours past and our miners never returned. Finally Paul returned but died at our door right then and there we knew what was coming. Jackson scouted out and came back with dreadful news 45+ raiders had landed. We lost 2 already but that wasent going to put us down. We all grabbed our rifles from the armory and maned our postions ready to fight or die. Jackson led the defence at the front with 9 other snipers to deal with the LMG raiders first. Between them and mines about 18 raiders fell but that didnt even weaken them. Once they got close enough the turrets kicked in and started dropping them left and right. But 4 raiders snuck around from the side and threw grenades at 3 of the turrets. The chain reaction destroyed 6 and killed 8 of our guys. With 4 turrets and 15 guards still alive we held our ground. With over half our turrets gone we just couldnt stop them all and more grenadiers got inclose and chucked grenades at us. The last 3 turrets were destroyed and ended up killing 3 more of us. They began swarming us and forced us to retreat inside our colony walls. The door held them back for a few minutes allowing us to take postions inside our base our last line of defence. Once the door was breached they flooded the base our once peaceful halls were now battlegrounds filled with blood and bodies. Jackson and Peter were our only 2 marines they fought to the death inside the canteen the first room you come to inside our cave fortress. They took 6 raiders with them but a grendier finsihed them off. Once the canteen was theirs the raiders stormed the generator room and battery storage. In our retreat we place a few charges around the steam generator that took about 5-9 more raiders with it. Jackal,Peggle and Harrison waited in the Hydroponics room armed to the teeth around a makeshift barricade. But the raiders knew better they threw 2 grenades inside and killed Harrison and Jackal right away. Peggle killed 1 of them but got swarmed by shotgunners and killed. Oyla Died in the halls fending them off from the comms room he managed to kill 2 before they killed him. Peter and Dan held the comms room hoping to hear from a slave trader that might offer some kind of help but with the generator gone their sole source of help was gone. Another well placed grenade killed them both on the spot. The last 4 of us barricaded ourselfs in the panic room at the back of the base. With our food gone the base in flames raiders at the door and what was once our family now dead around us we waited guns ready prepared to die. We thought back to the first day when we first setup camp how far we've come and the idea that we might just survive here then it happened so fast. The door breached and raiders stormed in. Miller went first he held them off with his M-16 killed about 3 but couldnt fend them all off. Yolan had her trusted shotgun she killed 2 but a molotov finished her she was one of the original colonist's first to land on this world last to die here. Kyla used grenades and actually managed to kill 9 or 10 of them but the molotov fire consumed him as well. He was the second colonist to land here me being the third. Then it was just me M-16 fire raining down on me the base in flames my fallen brothers around me as i write this. We had hoped maybe one day we might be rescued maybe we'll survive this ordeal.....How wrong we were so now with a full clip in my R-4 rifle i rise to the challenge and fight to the death after all we live together and we die together.

Baron

Wow that was well worth the read very very good !

iame6162013

that's even better than the other one's :D
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Splinterbee

Video games, are pretty good

SurvivoroftheNoobs

There will be more with alpha 3 out and all these nice fresh mods my colonies have been going down in very interesting ways.